Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V - General Edikar - Requesting Nerf

Bootsnboards
01.04.2012 , 11:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Jgarlocke View Post
+1

I had to indicate to another Vanguard in the group (DPS spec) to use his interrupt...he didn't even know he had one and he was 35 while I was 30. We wiped a good 4 times before I said screw it! It is a DPS check as well since none of the DPS were killing the adds in time (or at all)

I knew by the gear check but I wanted to do the flashpoint!
Just to make it clear, some of you who haven't run into the issue many are discussing here have been lucky. I ran it one time with a grp of level 38s just pushing a guildie through. All geared to the gills. One hit kills on all experienced MMO players is not "working as intended"... sorry.

If it functions every time the way it did when you ran it, then I'd say it didn't need any fix either.

Oh, sure enough, I can see in the patch notes from today that he's been fixed. I'll have to run it and see what happens.

I've been in grps where we killed him both when he bugged out, when its gone normal, and when there have been times when he spawns, AFTER destroying the turret terminal but that doing so just caused 8 turrets to insta spawn and 8 droids to suddenly appear, all before he had even been aggroed, lmao. That is most definately NOT working as intended.

So just for those out there who I think are going to complain that ppl asked for this boss to be looked into, just take my word for it, the bugs that were being run into were indeed bugs. It wasnt just a bunch of ppl whining that the boss was too hard.

Bootsnboards
01.04.2012 , 11:08 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by BanthaRaider View Post
Now thats lame! i think his damage buff shows the group "hey time to wake up"

Ive been in there only 2x, the first time we wiped 5x.. every wipe a different try to finish him.
Interrupt rotation was the way to go for us. I am playing a Vanguard tank so i startet to cancel his first try.. while the DPS destroyed the guns. the next DPS canceld his next skill..
Once the adds show up the DPS takes 1 side while i mortar and ionbomb into the other droids.. IF every DPS keeps his interrupt rdy on the boss he cant do anything.
Everything else is Healer work.
Ive been through on runs where he was not interruptable, ive been through on runs where he there are 8 droids and 8 turrets before aggroing him AFTER destroying the weapon terminal.

Just one more time to those who have gotten lucky... the boss was bugged. If you were able to face roll it, don't assume that was the way he was always working. Yes, grps of fully geared, experienced players, once with a grp of 38s....

Pulling into the hall, if you look at the doors and see they were likely meant to close, was probably not ever supposed to be doable. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets fixed too with the way so many are talking about using that as a means of getting around some of the fight mechanics.

Mumphred
01.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #43
From the patch notes:

Taral V
General Edikar now has the correct loot in Hard Mode and no longer enrages in Normal Mode.

Sexygreengoblin
01.04.2012 , 06:00 PM | #44
The general is perfectly tunned. If u fight him in the hallway like u should, u have so much time to dps while he reloads his guns and the droids are still running towards the party u get an easy free 15%/20% hp just on that downtime when the droids are coming.

And I tanked did already on my sentinel(combat spect) 3 times, 1 of them being lvl 33 and the last two being 34 so I dont understand this talk about pure tanks and tank specs to be needed.

People need to start grasping the mechanics a bit better same applies to the Lord Hasper fight if u cant LoS after 3 lightings well u know the drill....

chrismgtis
01.04.2012 , 09:06 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by The_*** View Post
I think the title says it. For any of you that have had the chance to enter Taral V, I'm sure you'd agree that it is an amazing flashpoint. However, for those of you who have been able to clear most of the dungeon, you might have encountered an issue with....killing General Edikar.

The fight itself is just a DPS race with respawning droid adds and General Edikar becomes Enraged after some time ( 3 minutes?) doing 200% more damage. I've tried tanking this fight twice at level 32-33 and just now at 36. I've interrupted all of his casts / reloads - I've drawn aggro on all the droids - We've killed all the turrets - Now it's time to DPS right? Oh wait my healer just got one shotted. Oh no. We all just got one shotted!

At first I thought this was due to the fact of not interrupting one of his casts, or that we didn't kill him fast enough.. but now that I've assembled a group of competent 32+ characters, the fact that we destroyed everything up until this particular fight, and that we just can't figure out what we're doing wrong, I'm starting think there's an issue. I'm sure more will agree as more and more people start to do all of the flashpoints. BUT if anyone can confirm a strategy other than "You're not killing him fast enough" please share it with us!!!

BW, I love this flashpoint regardless.
If you have issues on any of the bosses, you need to learn to play. Period.

I've done this flashpoint numerous times, NUMEROUS times with 31s (underlevel).

Don't ask for nerfs just because you don't know how to play the game.

Yea and asking people to actually use their brains and fight him in the hall... you know use some kind of technique to your playing in a FLASHPOINT... well that's just CRAZY TALK isn't it?

woocls
01.04.2012 , 09:49 PM | #46
ran into this today too... healing aggro makes staying alive as a healer rough. As soon as the adds spawn they all focus fire on me. And the tank can only seem to pull one group since they're spread out like they are. (and by that point I've already been wrecked by the turrets.) I don't know when the droids spawn but it's hella fast. We just managed to get the turrets down before he spawned droids and every time all the droids would die another wave would instantly spawn. I might have managed if I'd waited to run it at like 38 like the rest of my party but still I shouldn't pull highest threat on adds instantly.

*AND* avoiding fight mechanics by pulling him out of the room is cheap and will be fixed.

pkmnrckt
01.05.2012 , 12:32 AM | #47
How do you remove the grenade dot? I tried triage, but nada.

nix_crash
01.05.2012 , 02:02 AM | #48
the boss need a few fixes - sometimes he continue his full auto even after an interupt and sometimes he does multiple skills back-to-back, which he shouldnt.
other than this, the main problem is the horrible UI which wont help you with finding when a group member need a cleanse.
no nerf is needed.

nix_crash
01.05.2012 , 02:06 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by samuelvetter View Post
Just to make it clear, some of you who haven't run into the issue many are discussing here have been lucky. I ran it one time with a grp of level 38s just pushing a guildie through. All geared to the gills. One hit kills on all experienced MMO players is not "working as intended"... sorry.
one hit kills with the boss main mechanic -are- intended, you just need to learn how the mechanic work and how to prevent/stop/cleanse it.
things like "stand out off the fire" "cleanse the dots/poison" "interrupt the big spell" are standard in any group instance with advanced mechanics.
this said, the ui should help you, not hinder you.