Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cybertech is similar to?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
cybertech is similar to?

WimploMartin
12.13.2011 , 10:46 PM | #1
cybertech how does it work doesnt make sence to me is it like enchanting/jewelcrafting from wow?

it sounds like only certian items can be modded if they dont have slots ur screwed or is every item moddable from cybertech?

Peckingorder
12.13.2011 , 10:51 PM | #2
If you have to compare it to that game cybertech is like engineering. You make explosives and mods for equipment.

This guide is your friend.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...?t=530#anchor3

Obbu
12.13.2011 , 11:13 PM | #3
mods are like jewelcrafting from wow.

gadgets are like engineering from wow.

the rest dont really have analogies.

antibiotics
12.13.2011 , 11:23 PM | #4
biochem = alchemy (health potions and flasks. you also make implants that everyone uses)

synthweaving = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for casters and some mods for armour

armormech = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for melee/range and some mods for armour

armstech = weaponsmithing from BC (no lightsabers, but there are vibroblades. less flashy but still cool looking sword) and some mods for weapons

cybertech = engineering (explosives and you also make ear pieces that everyone uses)

Artifice = jewelcrafting

WimploMartin
12.13.2011 , 11:25 PM | #5
im going vanguard tank what would be better ya guys think biotech or cybertech?

Decrepit
12.13.2011 , 11:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WimploMartin View Post
im going vanguard tank what would be better ya guys think biotech or cybertech?
Bio is nice since you can loot creatures and build stuff as you go.

Cyber is nice since you can continually mod your gear as you move along.

Cyber will eventually get you grenades you can't run out of. Which is cool. But Bio will get you implants that should help you take more damage, etc.

Bio probably has a more sustained market, but the cyber stuff might make more money per sale (though fewer sales).

That's all speculation on my part, so take it for what it's worth.
"My mom says I'm cool." -- M. Van Houten

WimploMartin
12.13.2011 , 11:39 PM | #7
assuming we are lvl 50 and the raid gear that drops are all moddable with cybertech?

similar to enchanting/jewelcrafting

cause in wow that always made alot of money

Seroster
12.13.2011 , 11:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by antibiotics View Post
biochem = alchemy (health potions and flasks. you also make implants that everyone uses)

synthweaving = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for casters and some mods for armour

armormech = tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing for melee/range and some mods for armour

armstech = weaponsmithing from BC (no lightsabers, but there are vibroblades. less flashy but still cool looking sword) and some mods for weapons

cybertech = engineering (explosives and you also make ear pieces that everyone uses)

Artifice = jewelcrafting
Can anyone expand upon the Artifice bit? I was thinking Artifice made lightsabers and some other things, is that incorrect? How is it comparable to a JC-like crafting skill? Is it primarily concerned w/ making item enhancement type things?

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 12:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seroster View Post
Can anyone expand upon the Artifice bit? I was thinking Artifice made lightsabers and some other things, is that incorrect? How is it comparable to a JC-like crafting skill? Is it primarily concerned w/ making item enhancement type things?
They do the color crystals, and lightsabre parts.

They also do the offhand shield generators too.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Bgiffo
12.14.2011 , 12:14 AM | #10
Artifice can make high level lightsabers.