Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vader pre-suit vs suit.


DarkMorlin's Avatar


DarkMorlin
01.04.2012 , 09:05 PM | #11
Why would Vader's suit limit his power or ability to use/resist force lightning?

Vader could insulate himself with advanced polymers and ultra-heavy metals, while a flesh and blood person would have only water and bone to inhibit conduction.

Maybe he even installed batteries with conductors to absorb the lightning and power his batteries to make him even stronger? He could have easily shielded his critical components to prevent electrical shock.

Palpatine stronger? No...Vader was keeping him alive for two reasons, Palps vastly superior Dark Side knowledge, and he needed a partner to run the galaxy (big place).

As far as Vader being injured by Palps lightning attack, remember both he and Luke were totally exhausted after a major fight. Luke had just beaten him within an inch of his mechanical life...Vader's tank was empty, but he still shrugged Palpatine off and threw him to his death.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
01.04.2012 , 09:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMorlin View Post
Why would Vader's suit limit his power or ability to use/resist force lightning?

Vader could insulate himself with advanced polymers and ultra-heavy metals, while a flesh and blood person would have only water and bone to inhibit conduction.

Maybe he even installed batteries with conductors to absorb the lightning and power his batteries to make him even stronger? He could have easily shielded his critical components to prevent electrical shock.

Palpatine stronger? No...Vader was keeping him alive for two reasons, Palps vastly superior Dark Side knowledge, and he needed a partner to run the galaxy (big place).

As far as Vader being injured by Palps lightning attack, remember both he and Luke were totally exhausted after a major fight. Luke had just beaten him within an inch of his mechanical life...Vader's tank was empty, but he still shrugged Palpatine off and threw him to his death.
I like this joke!
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
01.04.2012 , 09:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_freefall View Post
Everyone thinks anakin is stronger that vader because the OT was made in teh 70s. They didn't have the technology to show off awesome force powers and have them all over the place.

Vader is far stonger than anakin

Lucas already explained this in the commentary and interviews. During the OT Vader/Obi were old thus were slow/incapable of doing much. While also stating Vader was ALOT weaker then Anakin.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
01.04.2012 , 11:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Lucas already explained this in the commentary and interviews. During the OT Vader/Obi were old thus were slow/incapable of doing much. While also stating Vader was ALOT weaker then Anakin.
Lets see the proof. I believe Leland Chee stated Vader was in his prime in suit.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

darth_freefall's Avatar


darth_freefall
01.04.2012 , 11:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Lucas already explained this in the commentary and interviews. During the OT Vader/Obi were old thus were slow/incapable of doing much. While also stating Vader was ALOT weaker then Anakin.
Obiwan was old, vader not so much. He was by return of the Jedi. Also, how can you be old and slow in a mostly mechanical body??

KothMelan's Avatar


KothMelan
01.05.2012 , 12:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_freefall View Post
Obiwan was old, vader not so much. He was by return of the Jedi. Also, how can you be old and slow in a mostly mechanical body??
Furthermore, when has age been much of a factor for jedis or sith? Yoda was almost a millenium old, and he fought off a dark lord of the Sith. A relatively young one by Yoda's standards.

TheTurniipKing's Avatar


TheTurniipKing
01.05.2012 , 12:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slipzman View Post
How come such a big number of people seem to think that Vader as he appeared in EPIII is stronger than suit Vader?

If anyones bothers to read some of the books or even on wookiepedia it's very clear that suit Vader is >alot< stronger than Anakin/Vader in EPIII.
It's a toss up. Thanks to what was done to him, he's probably a LOT stronger in rhe Dark Side than he used to be... can you imagine the rage powering him now? On top of that, physically he probably is a lot stronger. He's powered by cybernetics, now.

But it comes at a price. No Force-Lightning and barely a fraction of his speed, as others have said.

TheTurniipKing's Avatar


TheTurniipKing
01.05.2012 , 12:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMorlin View Post
Why would Vader's suit limit his power or ability to use/resist force lightning?

Vader could insulate himself with advanced polymers and ultra-heavy metals, while a flesh and blood person would have only water and bone to inhibit conduction.

Maybe he even installed batteries with conductors to absorb the lightning and power his batteries to make him even stronger? He could have easily shielded his critical components to prevent electrical shock.

Palpatine stronger? No...Vader was keeping him alive for two reasons, Palps vastly superior Dark Side knowledge, and he needed a partner to run the galaxy (big place).

As far as Vader being injured by Palps lightning attack, remember both he and Luke were totally exhausted after a major fight. Luke had just beaten him within an inch of his mechanical life...Vader's tank was empty, but he still shrugged Palpatine off and threw him to his death.
It's canon. For whatever reason, Vaders own life-support system is very vulnerable to Force Lightning.

Kind of makes sense, I suppose. If you were the Emperor and you wanted to keep your unruly apprentice in line, you're hardly going to protect him against your strongest attack, are you?

darth_freefall's Avatar


darth_freefall
01.05.2012 , 01:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTurniipKing View Post
It's canon. For whatever reason, Vaders own life-support system is very vulnerable to Force Lightning.

Kind of makes sense, I suppose. If you were the Emperor and you wanted to keep your unruly apprentice in line, you're hardly going to protect him against your strongest attack, are you?
Actually Vader modifies his suit so that it is more resistant to force lightning. He knows it is a weakness and does as much as possible to mitigate it.

Palpatines force lightning was some of the strongest of any Sith lord. He is toying with luke but when Vader picks him up he amps it up to full blast, and Vader still throws him into the reactor.

If he was really vulnerable to force lightning he would have dropped the emperor and fallen down as soon as he was hit with it.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
01.05.2012 , 02:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheTurniipKing View Post
It's canon. For whatever reason, Vaders own life-support system is very vulnerable to Force Lightning.

Kind of makes sense, I suppose. If you were the Emperor and you wanted to keep your unruly apprentice in line, you're hardly going to protect him against your strongest attack, are you?
No it isn't. Vader was far more resistant to force lightning than any other Jedi/Sith. What "Canon" proof do you have that he's vulnerable to lightning? The fact he died to it against the most powerful sith lord in the history of star wars?