Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracsoul
01.04.2012 , 08:09 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Creepsauce View Post
[ACT I]
Two BioWare developers meet each other in front of a coffee machine, we see a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" logo behind.

BWdude1
: - At last someone's here! Kinda empty here, creepy. Hey, so how were holidays?
BWdude2: -Meh not so much, was planning to go to Mama but stayed home playin' Skyrim.
BWdude1: -Sucks. Any news on our game? How it's doin'?
BWdude2: -Dunno seems like players need some more emotes.

CustomerServiceChick: -Boys!
BWdude 1&2 : -Hello there sweetie-cutie-pie. Good lookin' today heh?

CustomerServiceChick: -I was looking for you everywhere! A lot of players are complaining...
BWdude1: - yeah they always complain, i complain too. Whatever don't take it seriously baby, everything will be sweet

CustomerServiceChick: -Yeah... But some people experience large FPS drops in some areas, it's unplayable according to them.

BWdude1: -lolupgrade
BWdude2: -yeah, get a job lolz

CustomerServiceChick: -Most of them seem to have decent rigs according to the dxdiags posted...

BWdude2: -tell'em to turn off shadows

CustomerServiceChick: -People even tried to mess up with BIOS to improve games performance. Warzones are unplayable. Thousands of pages on forums concerning this. Also a memory leak seems to be in...

BWdude1: -Hey look i just typed /fart and it did interrupt my spell! *** what were beta testers doin'???
BWdude2: -ohshïiiiii. New patchnotes NAO!!!

Patch 1.1:

-Emotes don't interrupt channeled spells
-Added a new Warzone
-A 1 year subscription provides you a free Mass Effect 3 copy.
at least something here made me smile, I could actually visualize that as I read it.

ShaggyShow
01.04.2012 , 08:10 PM | #1002
Inside solo: 60 to 111 FPS
Inside multi player: 40 to 90 FPS
Outside solo: 30 to 40 FPS
Outside multiplayer: 20 to 35 FPS
Combat inside solo: 35 to 60 FPS
Combat inside multiplayer: 15 to 40 FPS
Combat outside solo: 25 to 40 FPS
Combat outside multiplayer: 15 to 30 FPS
Imperial Fleet few players: 20 to 30 FPS
Imperial Fleet many players: 5 to 20 FPS
PVP: Not tested

Zone difference does not seem to matter much. (About to leave, Hoth, empire player)

Spoiler

Have tried multiple drivers, closed all background programs, disabled dual screen, settings from low to high and everything in between, played with grass/tree sliders, bloom and so on. Closed processes and services that could be closed. Even with everything at low i get a max 5FPS increase... Also overclocking my system up to 20% did do nothing.

CPU load stays below 65% at all times (When OC'd even below 50%), and GPU only goes over 50% when i enabled AA 16x in the ini's (no FPS decrease!).

Some google results led me to test around the proces (2 actually) and which cores they should use, and their priority, again no use. Several bios settings with HyperThreading / Speedstep and so on also was useless.

Also found some google results where people blamed it on bad internet connection, well check this out incase anyone thinks that http://speedtest.net/result/1687174040.png and that is from a crappy town with more cows then people in Holland to New York (USA, doh).

I am starting to think that it is a render issue, in the form that the client renders to much (objects / details like ground clutter, rocks, players, player spells) what is out of your view. This used to be a huge FPS eater back in UT2004 map making days. Making the GPU render the whole map and all the action instead of the part where you actually walked or what you could see.

Anyway, hope it helps!

Edit: installed on C, 10.000RPM disk incase it matters...
Yea yea my grammer sucks. +- 200 countries in the world and they all have english as native language. How do i dare to have bad grammer!

Cehu
01.04.2012 , 08:10 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Creepsauce View Post
[ACT I]
Two BioWare developers meet each other in front of a coffee machine, we see a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" logo behind.

BWdude1
: - At last someone's here! Kinda empty here, creepy. Hey, so how were holidays?
BWdude2: -Meh not so much, was planning to go to Mama but stayed home playin' Skyrim.
BWdude1: -Sucks. Any news on our game? How it's doin'?
BWdude2: -Dunno seems like players need some more emotes.

CustomerServiceChick: -Boys!
BWdude 1&2 : -Hello there sweetie-cutie-pie. Good lookin' today heh?

CustomerServiceChick: -I was looking for you everywhere! A lot of players are complaining...
BWdude1: - yeah they always complain, i complain too. Whatever don't take it seriously baby, everything will be sweet

CustomerServiceChick: -Yeah... But some people experience large FPS drops in some areas, it's unplayable according to them.

BWdude1: -lolupgrade
BWdude2: -yeah, get a job lolz

CustomerServiceChick: -Most of them seem to have decent rigs according to the dxdiags posted...

BWdude2: -tell'em to turn off shadows

CustomerServiceChick: -People even tried to mess up with BIOS to improve games performance. Warzones are unplayable. Thousands of pages on forums concerning this. Also a memory leak seems to be in...

BWdude1: -Hey look i just typed /fart and it did interrupt my spell! *** what were beta testers doin'???
BWdude2: -ohshïiiiii. New patchnotes NAO!!!

Patch 1.1:

-Emotes don't interrupt channeled spells
-Added a new Warzone
-A 1 year subscription provides you a free Mass Effect 3 copy.
i enjoyed this

Tynis
01.04.2012 , 08:12 PM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracsoul View Post
"We are working on getting a patch deployed to address the issues that some players are still experiencing after 1.0.2 including:

•Fixing an issue that causes in-game chat channels to stop functioning for some players.
•Preventing social emotes (like /getdown) from interfering with combat."

WoW, AWESOME talk about priorities can't even play the game but i'll sleep well tonight knowing the /GETDOWN patch is being addressed!!

There was a reply today about patching and how it works. Like I said before some things can be quickly fixed and pushed out in a patch. Somethings can not. You just have to be patient but I see in your sig that you cancelled your account so yes you should sleep very well now knowing that you do not have to worry about playing SWTOR anymore. Good luck!

Zaramoth
01.04.2012 , 08:13 PM | #1005
one question, where can i cancel my account, i dont see that option anywhere.. i have no sub, just a time card code in use..

i checked everywhere but where oh where can i find it?

i had hope for this patch.. but then i took a 'getdown patch' to the face

(yes had horrid FPS) :P

JovethGonzalez
01.04.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1006 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tynis View Post
There was a reply today about patching and how it works. Like I said before some things can be quickly fixed and pushed out in a patch. Somethings can not. You just have to be patient
Thank you, that is a very good assessment. Everything is sorted by priority and complexity. Because this FPS issue is so varied, and any number of factors could affect it, it's taking a bit more time to investigate. At the moment, our developers are going over logs and are working on a more detailed blog post that we should be posting soon. Thanks again for your patience!

Dracsoul
01.04.2012 , 08:20 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Tynis View Post
There was a reply today about patching and how it works. Like I said before some things can be quickly fixed and pushed out in a patch. Somethings can not. You just have to be patient but I see in your sig that you cancelled your account so yes you should sleep very well now knowing that you do not have to worry about playing SWTOR anymore. Good luck!
well.. I won't pay a sub for a game which I can't play, that goes against my religion, but I'm terrible disappointed that after reading the game recomendations on their packaging and seeing that my system meets and exceeds the their recomdations then I decided to pay $68.00 for the game.

So, Apparently since many, many people who also meet and exceed said recomendations to play the game but are having the same disabilitating FPS issues.. and seeing that we are certainly being ignored, because we are, well, that makes me feel ripped off..

Thats my opinion and perhaps not shared by all.. the customer support is absolutly horrid, just like the fps and thats my opinion too..

-Id-
01.04.2012 , 08:22 PM | #1008
Is that at CS response I see there or are my eyes playing tricks.

Dracsoul
01.04.2012 , 08:24 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaramoth View Post
one question, where can i cancel my account, i dont see that option anywhere.. i have no sub, just a time card code in use..

i checked everywhere but where oh where can i find it?

i had hope for this patch.. but then i took a 'getdown patch' to the face

(yes had horrid FPS) :P
just goto "my account" at the top right of this screen.. all your account info is there..

Zaramoth
01.04.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1010
except the 'cancel' option, i used a timecard, but im not even sitting that one out, or want to be in the accounts they are so proud of having..