Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Log, Official Response?

Crutchess
01.04.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1
I have slogged through endless diatribes on the merits and demerits of addons, however, I have yet to come upon an official response as to the implementation of a combat log. Has Bioware made any statement as to whether a combat log will be implemented, and, if so, when? Please do not respond with "addons make the game easy", "i don't like gearscore," "people post damage meter numbers and it hurts my feelings." Or do, as long as you answer my question.

Helagoth
01.04.2012 , 04:59 PM | #2
I'd have to hunt for the post, but the official response is "yes we want to, no time frame, but soon™"

You can probably do a google search and find it.
Integrity MMO Community
Casual, no pressure, Quality Raiding - Juyo Server
PvE - EST - Mature Players Only

Kelticfury
01.04.2012 , 05:00 PM | #3
Yes, they are going to turn the combat log back on, I read it in an interview with the head community dude. He didn't say when, only that it was going to be turned back on at some point.

I'll see if I can remember where I read it and post a link

Jameak
01.04.2012 , 07:00 PM | #4
Back in the EQ days, we could externally parse a combat log while it was being generated by the game as a flat text file. This would pretty much solve the hundreds of people who are crying out for a damage meter, if only BioWare implemented it and then someone could be bothered writing a program to parse it and give pretty graphs.

As for in-game addons to do it, for now keep dreaming.
----
Jameak Silverkin, 50 Commando

Vankris
01.04.2012 , 07:16 PM | #5
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12...parsing-other/

Quote:
... game's lead combat designer Georg Zoeller in which he suggested that some new features will be coming to the game post-launch for those who want to ensure they're getting the most out of their character builds. During the talk, Zoeller claimed that combat log parsing and other such performance analysis features were "very high on [BioWare's] priority list."...