Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Party/Guild chat not visible

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moulin
01.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #551
Quote: Originally Posted by Redcap View Post
That did not work for me, in fact now I cannot talk in party chat
Above another poster says if worked for him. It may not work for everyone. But so far (knock on wood and all that) it had worked for myself and others. Thanks to the OP of this workaround. It won't permanently fix the issue, obviously, but it will be something to try when chat bugs again.

Some folks suggest deleting the character .ini settings files. That works for some but not others. It is just one in a list of workarounds.

Try it again, double check you follow it exactly. The first time I attempted it, I did a step wrong (killed the lower memory swtor process instead of the primary by mistake). It didn't work. Did it again exactly as posted, and it worked.

EDIT: As QuackNate said, run this as admin. I have admin by default. So if you do not play under admin rights, then make sure you run the fixlauncher.exe as admin. That may also be part of the problem.

Afflicted_One
01.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #552
Every since playing after the patch I am now MUTE AND DEAF.

I can't even talk or hear what is happening in GENERAL CHAT.

Now, not only can I not talk/see party and guild chat, I am now ****ed over in general chat as well.

HOLY **** FIX THIS, I am muted and deaf, this has 110% removed the entire MMO aspect of MMORPG, I am quite literally playing a single player game now.

MissRandom
01.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #553
I know this isn't exactly constructive or helping to fix the issue in general but I must say after numerous tickets, emails and speaking to your reps on the phone that this game has one of the worst Customer Service teams I've seen for an MMO in years.

Your ticket responses are automated (In-Game and Email). Once I had an issue of being stuck inside an instance and it took you 12 (YES 12!) hours to finally get me out of there.

Your phone reps barely speak English. I called during my stuck episode and the rep could barely grasp what I was asking. Finally after being frustrated I asked for a manager, and even she couldn't speak English very well. They apologized for their poor language skills, but still.

Please, I beg of you, hire more staff for your Customer Service team so that an actual human can assist players. And please make sure that your employees can fluently speak the languages necessary to assist your customers. I'm sure I'll be stuck without a working chatbox until who knows when.

Afflicted_One
01.04.2012 , 01:25 PM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by MissRandom View Post
I know this isn't exactly constructive or helping to fix the issue in general but I must say after numerous tickets, emails and speaking to your reps on the phone that this game has one of the worst Customer Service teams I've seen for an MMO in years.

Your ticket responses are automated (In-Game and Email). Once I had an issue of being stuck inside an instance and it took you 12 (YES 12!) hours to finally get me out of there.

Your phone reps barely speak English. I called during my stuck episode and the rep could barely grasp what I was asking. Finally after being frustrated I asked for a manager, and even she couldn't speak English very well. They apologized for their poor language skills, but still.

Please, I beg of you, hire more staff for your Customer Service team so that an actual human can assist players. And please make sure that your employees can fluently speak the languages necessary to assist your customers. I'm sure I'll be stuck without a working chatbox until who knows when.
Consider yourself lucky it only took you 12 hours, I've heard of people beings stuck in instances for DAYS.

MissRandom
01.04.2012 , 01:27 PM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by Afflicted_One View Post
Consider yourself lucky it only took you 12 hours, I've heard of people beings stuck in instances for DAYS.
Wow. I feel more fortunate now. Though I must say, if you hound them on all three angles (Multiple tickets In-Game, Phonecalls AND Emails) they seem more interested in fixing your issue.

Don't give up, hound them till the end!

JovethGonzalez
01.04.2012 , 01:27 PM | #556 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, just wanted to give you all an update on this.

This has been a tough bug to track down as it was not persistent across all servers and did not affect everyone however we know it affected a lot of you and prioritized it accordingly. Thanks to some extra code we added during the patch earlier today we now have the data required to complete our fix, and this should roll out very soon.

Thank you for your help in this investigation, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Afflicted_One
01.04.2012 , 01:29 PM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

This has been a tough bug to track down as it was not persistent across all servers and did not affect everyone however we know it affected a lot of you and prioritized it accordingly. Thanks to some extra code we added during the patch earlier today we now have the data required to complete our fix, and this should roll out very soon.

Thank you for your help in this investigation, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
OH GOD YES, this issue has just been getting worse and worse for me, if you can fix it within the week that would be great.

It is very demoralizing not being able to communicate with anyone.

MissRandom
01.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #558
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Fingers crossed on the fix. Hopefully the other suggestion of more CSR's (who speak the languages required fluently) didn't fall on deaf ears either.

Wolfrat
01.04.2012 , 01:32 PM | #559
In order to proceed with our investigation please provide an answer to the following questions:

Which server do you play on?: Anchorhead
Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters?: Ch'ih-pi. It is only with my four Republic characters (Achilles, Bagheera, Ch'ih-pi, Rockatansky). My Empire characters on Anchorhead do not have this problem.
Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you?: Yes.
Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared.: 12/28/2011
Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild?: Yes. That worked the first time. I do not want to do it every week.
Can guild/party members see what you type to them?: No.
Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at?: Yes, I do.
In order to do so, please right click on the tab, choose chat settings and select these chat channels.: I did that. I do not have Guild chat, PvP chat, or Trade chat on any of my Republic Toons who were in the Delusions of Grandeur guild which did early deployment.

xninja
01.04.2012 , 01:33 PM | #560
I have been having this problem as well on my Sith Warrior, Destrega. Server is Bondar Crystal. I was a preorder and was auto-invited into my guild. I have had problems with party chat and guild chat from i think the second week of play. In order to get guild chat working again I had to be removed from the guild and re-added. In order to get party chat working I can log off and back on but this is an intermittent fix.

I have verified that party and guild members were unable to see what I was typing. I also verified that the chat tabs had the correct chat options enabled.

One thing I would also like to add, none of my friends are able to /friend this character unless I am online when they try to friend me.

I have not had these issues with my other character.

Thanks