Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Knowledge to roleplay a Jedi Master?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Knowledge to roleplay a Jedi Master?

loud_skies
01.02.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1
Hello fellow Forum-dwellers! I play on the server Lord Adraas, and I intend to role play a Jedi Master when I am finished leveling, but i thought, what fun would it be to role play a Jedi Master without the proper knowledge of pre-SWToR Lore? Without knowledge of who the Jedi are and how they began would be pretty shifty, and would make for a poorly played character.

What I am asking here is, can anybody provide me with the back story of the Jedi? Where they began, their previous back story, and such? I only played Knights of the Old Republic 2 and I am almost completely clueless! Thanks for the help!
Beta Tester and Proud of it!
Remember to always post Constructively!

Karkais
01.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #2
Well, theres the wookiepedia.

I learned myself Sith history from there before I got the game. While not necessarily canon, it does offer a lot of info and at least names and such.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Aesri
01.02.2012 , 09:40 PM | #3
The Jedi Path

Granted, I wouldn't say "go buy a $60 book for RP" but this is just the Collector's Edition. If you can find the Standard Ed. (the book alone), I'd suggest it for some direction and info.
"I'm a smuggler. I point and laugh at blockades."

psychogobstopper
01.04.2012 , 09:32 AM | #4
The Galactic Timeline entries here on the SWTOR website are pretty decent overviews of galactic and Jedi Order history. You could use information from those as reference searches on Wookiepedia for in-depth information.

valhak
01.04.2012 , 12:33 PM | #5
Another good idea is to just watch and absorb information during the starting zone for Jedi. They talk about the jedi code quite a bit, and what it is to BE jedi. Plus, you spend quite a bit of time in the presence of jedi for the first few hours.

You can also read about the jedi code here.

Jedi Code

Cheers.
"Not all heroes carry Lightsabers. Some just have the will to fight." - Trooper

valhak
01.04.2012 , 12:34 PM | #6
I should also mention if you play consular, the first ten levels or so are very focused on the early history of the jedi order.
"Not all heroes carry Lightsabers. Some just have the will to fight." - Trooper