Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well that's odd

OBOneKenobe
01.04.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1
My wife and I both play SWTOR, we played last night. I went to open the launcher it updated the launcher then began downloading 2gb of stuff (still downloading). My wife's computer downloaded 50meg of patches and is ready to go.. I'm wondering why the difference in the patching?
Like I said we both played last night so we had the latest updates as of last night so theoretically we should have the same patches needed this morning but mine's still downloading and hers after 50 meg is finished.
Oh I wanted to add that when I brought up the client it updated the client required me to accept the EULA again and is now downloading.. I hope it's not downloading the entire game client over again..
May the Schwartz be with you!

OBOneKenobe
01.04.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
Bioware can you specify the actual size of the patch this morning?

Miyaka
01.04.2012 , 09:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OBOneKenobe View Post
My wife and I both play SWTOR, we played last night. I went to open the launcher it updated the launcher then began downloading 2gb of stuff (still downloading). My wife's computer downloaded 50meg of patches and is ready to go.. I'm wondering why the difference in the patching?
Like I said we both played last night so we had the latest updates as of last night so theoretically we should have the same patches needed this morning but mine's still downloading and hers after 50 meg is finished.
Oh I wanted to add that when I brought up the client it updated the client required me to accept the EULA again and is now downloading.. I hope it's not downloading the entire game client over again..
It sounds like your files got corrupted..and hers did not.
Same thing happened to me, but it didn't happen to my husband. It's easier to just copy her files than it is to keep re-dling the assets and using the "repair tool".
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)

Elyons
01.04.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4
I downloaded only 25 Megs this morning. Im slightly confused as well
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

OBOneKenobe
01.04.2012 , 09:56 AM | #5
I going to copy the entire installation folder from her computer to a external HDD and overwrite the files on my computer see if that works. Sounds like from what I am reading it's trying to reinstall the entire game client.
For those that have a physical copy may be better to uninstall / reinstall (if you don't have another computer in your apt/house that you can copy the files from)

I'll post in a bit after I performed the above steps to see if it fixes it.

OBOneKenobe
01.04.2012 , 11:18 AM | #6
nope didn't work going to uninstall and reinstall from retail disc.