Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cant buy the game from origin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
cant buy the game from origin
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sinsProphecy
01.04.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1
hi my friend is having trouble buying the game off origin when ever he tryes to buy it is says

The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your basket:
STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition

he lives in gurnsey how can we solve this problem?

Tirvaak
01.04.2012 , 10:32 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by sinsProphecy View Post
hi my friend is having trouble buying the game off origin when ever he tryes to buy it is says

Hi sinsProphecy,

Thanks for contacting us about this issue. In order to resolve this your friend will need to contact Origin directly.

Once in contact with Origin they will be able to explain why he has encountered this error.

I hope this helps

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Mooltan
01.04.2012 , 10:52 AM | #3
I had an issue with Origin, I ordered the CE from Game, and had very few problems, but a friend living in Israel asked me to order him a digital copy of the DDE and email him the key.

I had already registered my CE copy, but because I had to use an email address when buying the DDE copy from Origin, my friend in Israel was unable to use the key I sent him because origin had automatically linked my purchase email address to the DDE. After telephoning Origin direct they told me it was only valid on my account - with my email address linked to my CE edition!

When I tried to explain that I would NOT need a 2nd version of the game on 1 account (1 email address), when to my knowledge you can ONLY have 1 account linked to 1 email address so buying a 2nd gives you nothing!!

I dont expect anyone from BW to do anything about this but thought you should know that this seems incredibly shortsighted, and is NOT explained when making a purchase from EAs online store. Completely lacking any form of common sense.

Tuainke
01.04.2012 , 11:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sinsProphecy View Post

Simple.
I had the same problem. This is because the game is not officially "supported" in your country. I bought the game digitally through www.g2play.net. They sent me the cd key via email (un-used) and I downloaded the client from www.swtor.com; updated and created my account on here. Used a credit card for subs and no problem at all.

Btw I live in mauritius and playing on European server. Quite far in distance but Iam experiencing no lag at all. (for now...hope Im not jinxing it .
Hope it helps
Cheers

Paul_E_Ester
01.04.2012 , 11:14 AM | #5
Please do not support Origin,

Thank you