Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aastarius
01.04.2012 , 09:54 AM | #61
Minor point, and do agree being able to scale up the text would be most useful however, all of the text from the conversations also appears in the chat frame (at least for me), where it can be scaled larger and thus made more readable. Could even create another chat window just for this purpose.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

BadOrb
01.04.2012 , 10:37 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
Minor point, and do agree being able to scale up the text would be most useful however, all of the text from the conversations also appears in the chat frame (at least for me), where it can be scaled larger and thus made more readable. Could even create another chat window just for this purpose.
It isnt just most usefull , my friend , who plays the game with myself , is partially sighted and well basically there are rules on this type of thing , so please sort it out a.s.a.p Bioware thank you.

Even I can't read any of the skill tree descriptions so i dont actually know what to chose on my characters. Also the point about the alien speak , tiny white text which flashes on the screen at light speed , you try reading it out to a partially sighted person , its impossible it doesnt even stay on screen long enough , was this tested at all ? Did your testers even read it out loud ? Fix both issues please , its ruining the fun of the game.

My friend to be added to the list is Darth-Geggz and myself.

Badorb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Owsley
01.04.2012 , 11:02 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Also the point about the alien speak , tiny white text which flashes on the screen at light speed , you try reading it out to a partially sighted person , its impossible it doesnt even stay on screen long enough , was this tested at all ? Did your testers even read it out loud ? Fix both issues please , its ruining the fun of the game.
Badorb.
FYI If you click on Other tab at the top of the chat box, you'll see all the dialog from the cut scenes as well as from your companion. You can scroll that and re read any of it.

BadOrb
01.04.2012 , 11:12 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
FYI If you click on Other tab at the top of the chat box, you'll see all the dialog from the cut scenes as well as from your companion. You can scroll that and re read any of it.
Thank you that will help me catch my breath whilst reading alien speak to my friend.

Still need the font size to be sorted though , my eyes dem do hurt , owwww.

Badorb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Maegrist
01.04.2012 , 02:56 PM | #65
Yup, having same problem with lots of different resoltuons on my 1280 x 800 screen painful to see text

SuperSloat
01.04.2012 , 10:58 PM | #66
I play on a 52" TV and the font is killing me. I can deal with reading subtitles to the dialog, but I can't handle reading skill tree or item descriptions. Please make font size adjustable.

Babibab
01.06.2012 , 06:09 AM | #67
Count me in also, since we're doping this sort of petition.

TonyDonovan
01.06.2012 , 06:17 AM | #68
Try to lower your resolution while staying in your aspect ratio this will not hurt graphics much at all but make the overall ui including text larger and easier to see. Best of Luck and Happy Hunting!

maggotmeal
01.06.2012 , 08:16 AM | #69
I have great vision and strain to read text in this game. Would first like the size increased. The light blue background of chat window doesn't make a good contrast either.

Geeps
01.08.2012 , 09:46 AM | #70
+1 for increased font sizes guys - i won't be moving my sofa closer to the tv anymore so consider me out and unsubbed until this is fixed! Shame - really good game apart from this issue