Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Emotes" for vehicles but no fix for the companions?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Emotes" for vehicles but no fix for the companions?!

RageQuitInc
01.04.2012 , 10:20 AM | #1
Seriously. Reading the patch-notes today made me seriously thinking of quitting the game for the first time. I know that one subscriber quitting will not affect you that much, but i just want to state how bad this problem is.

Because when you see that youŽve added support for emotes in vehicles instead of putting people on a major bug that causes you not to be able to speak with your companions correctly, wow.. It is just crazy.

Are you seriously doing stuff like that over game-breaking stuff? I want answears, now.

NickM
01.04.2012 , 10:21 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RageQuitInc View Post
Seriously. Reading the patch-notes today made me seriously thinking of quitting the game for the first time. I know that one subscriber quitting will not affect you that much, but i just want to state how bad this problem is.

Because when you see that youŽve added support for emotes in vehicles instead of putting people on a major bug that causes you not to be able to speak with your companions correctly, wow.. It is just crazy.

Are you seriously doing stuff like that over game-breaking stuff? I want answears, now.
Maybe that was an easy fix that they could do in a single week? Maybe the companions one is a bigger issue that takes more time.

But you are a high end software developer, so you'd know that.

Tessanna
01.04.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3
Different teams?
Different problems require different skill to correct?
A simple fix is MUCH less time consuming than a hard one?

RageQuitInc
01.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tessanna View Post
Different teams?
Different problems require different skill to correct?
A simple fix is MUCH less time consuming than a hard one?
Quote: Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Maybe that was an easy fix that they could do in a single week? Maybe the companions one is a bigger issue that takes more time.

But you are a high end software developer, so you'd know that.
I figured somone would write something like that. But yes, you are correct. But it still feels pretty stupid that they have people on stuff like that while the companion bug is still there.

I mean, i would be glad just to get some information about it. All iŽve got so far is a dev (or something like that) asking for some information about our characters and companions (which is good, of course). But, seriously. Atleast we could get some information about it, like estimated time or something!

TripleOZero
01.04.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
Pretty much what they said.

The vehicle emote fix was ready for implementation. Whatever bug fix you're talking about was not. The last thing you're going to see an ETA for something in-progress. If people are already upset, the last thing they'd do is add a missed deadline to the list of complaints.

Tessanna
01.04.2012 , 10:33 AM | #6
I figured somone would write something like that. But yes, you are correct. But it still feels pretty stupid that they have people on stuff like that while the companion bug is still there.

I mean, i would be glad just to get some information about it. All iŽve got so far is a dev (or something like that) asking for some information about our characters and companions (which is good, of course). But, seriously. Atleast we could get some information about it, like estimated time or something!
Would you rather they give you information every five minutes? Or work on fixing your issue?

RageQuitInc
01.04.2012 , 10:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tessanna View Post
Would you rather they give you information every five minutes? Or work on fixing your issue?
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleOZero View Post
Pretty much what they said.

The vehicle emote fix was ready for implementation. Whatever bug fix you're talking about was not. The last thing you're going to see an ETA for something in-progress. If people are already upset, the last thing they'd do is add a missed deadline to the list of complaints.
Ok! YouŽve raised valid points, i think iŽll withdraw. No but seriously, you are right. But still, there has been no information at all basicly. I donŽt demand that they update every second but an update once in a while would cheer me up.

Yoshiblade
01.04.2012 , 10:48 AM | #8

And still, if you try logging in and doing some emotes while in a vehicle, guess what happens? NOTHING! You still can't emote on vehicles! And that was on the patch notes!
Equilibrium.
-a medium sized, moderate, mature, high level raiding guild-
Website|Forum|Members|Wiki|SWTOR-page

RageQuitInc
01.04.2012 , 10:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshiblade View Post
And still, if you try logging in and doing some emotes while in a vehicle, guess what happens? NOTHING! You still can't emote on vehicles! And that was on the patch notes!
That somehow makes me feel a little better.