Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

BoredOfMMOS
01.04.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1
we need addons its personal preference why does the way we play bother you?
is your small brain unable to figure out how they work?
are you really bad and don't want people to be even better?
the UI is horrible hopefully they allow some and i can make my own personal UI.

So explain to me why you dont want addons because it just makes little sense
i will miss you Swtor
But your not my mmo home.

Klockradio
01.04.2012 , 09:27 AM | #2
We need UI addons, sure. The basic UI is bad, missing a lot of "standard" functions. Do we really need threatmeters/DBM though? Personally I find the game much more enjoyable when you have to estimate your threat level. If we get these kinds of addons you are forced to use them though.

I like damagemeters since you can cleary see if you're doing it wrong.. sure D-bags use them and boast IF they get top position, but who cares, you shouln't be guilded with D-bags anyway.

lendaugy
01.04.2012 , 10:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredOfMMOS View Post

if im not forced to use an addon... than why if they were released would people be saying you must have X or Y Dps.. and Z or Q Healing.... or you cant run with us... Thats forcing people to have addons so they can know their Number of dps or heals

ijii
01.04.2012 , 10:18 AM | #4
Add-ons will be used to give an advantage to those without. As a mid hardcore-casual gamer, that is unacceptable. When I get home from work, I want to have good fun matches of PvP or some fun questing.

There will be many people downloading add-ons to perfect their gameplay (ex: 1 button presses to do normal attack, then special attack as soon as it procs, then follow up devastating attack afterwards). You people say, I just want damage meters and blah blah blah, but that's a croc of ****. Once people start adding those in, it's just a matter of time before people start exploiting with those programs.

I chose an RP-PvE server to minimize interaction with those obsessed people, but I'm already seeing some fanatics now that I'm a higher level.

Please, keep add-ons away Bioware, it will ruin the game.

bboudreaux
01.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #5

add ons are for people who are not so good at playing, to attempt to try to be better because they are too lazy to understand and figure out their character's capabilities.

Add ons are not needed

this whole argument is based on opinions

metusodium
01.04.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Your game is going to be ruined anyway when no one will group with people they don't know/trust to pull their weight. Or when you spend all night wiping to a boss in a hard mode flashpoint because one of your dps doesn't belong there. Anyone doing any hard modes should have a way to evaluate themselves on the fairly rigorous fights. Perhaps they made the meters not work in normal mode where anyone can just bang their keyboard and make it through.

Regardless, damage meters are coming, according to this post:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12...parsing-other/

Even if they don't add them, it is only a matter of time before people figure out how to parse the information through packet sniffers.

TheKanti
01.04.2012 , 11:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ijii View Post
Add-ons will be used to give an advantage to those without. As a mid hardcore-casual gamer, that is unacceptable. When I get home from work, I want to have good fun matches of PvP or some fun questing.

There will be many people downloading add-ons to perfect their gameplay (ex: 1 button presses to do normal attack, then special attack as soon as it procs, then follow up devastating attack afterwards). You people say, I just want damage meters and blah blah blah, but that's a croc of ****. Once people start adding those in, it's just a matter of time before people start exploiting with those programs.

I chose an RP-PvE server to minimize interaction with those obsessed people, but I'm already seeing some fanatics now that I'm a higher level.

Please, keep add-ons away Bioware, it will ruin the game.

Never have i heard of a addon doing this, please link me to one. I seen addons tell me when things proc, or number of seconds left on a cooldown. I have read up on rotations to max out my dps, but never have i seen a addon that does what you used as a example of. DPS charts may be elitist, but if you arent pulling your weight in a fight why should you get a fair shot at the gear im rolling on?

Kugruk
01.04.2012 , 11:38 AM | #8

If they allow add ons, eventually you *will* be forced to use them. The majority of us dont want them added. All I want is in-game combat log parsing.

Saysomething
01.04.2012 , 12:13 PM | #9
Dont lump us into the "majority", if its an ex wow player who was worth a crap, they had addons and prolly loved them. I want addons.

hardicon
01.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
really addons are not required, once they are ingame they will be required.

I played wow, i played wow without addons. I raided in a guild without addons, not damage meters, not threat meters nothing. I did this as a tank and as a dps. I did so well nobody ever questioned whether i had them or not, i guess everyone assumed i had them but i did not. then our raid leader got some addon that showed what everyone was using as addons. it was already a requirement in our guild that you have threat meter, dps meter, some stupid addon that told you to move out of the fire, and some boss addon that told you exactly where and when the boss was going ot move, what he was going to do and everything. talk about making content trivial, hell you got a mod that tells you exactly where to stand to avoid the boss from hurting you, and then say oh wow combat is so hard, pfft, easy.

anyway after our raid leader got this addon, they started enforcing everybody had to go download this crap. so to keep raiding and after many many arguing sessions I finally downloaded them. what the raid leader found out is my dps went down. when i was asked why, i told him you made me download all this crap that clutters up my screen, i cant concentrate on the fight anymore.

so yes addons will be required by lazy bad raid leaders that dont want to learn the fight and teach people the fight or just want the fight to be easy. id prefer not.