Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... Im in Siberia and there's this downtime...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So... Im in Siberia and there's this downtime...

Motb
01.04.2012 , 01:12 AM | #1
Can anyone recommend some star wars books to read about the old republic, something about the background of the game? I have 8 hours to kill, so would appreciate something to do. Doesnt matter if its ebooks or not, seems this downtimes gonna be a weekly affair

Thanks in advance to any response

Motb
01.04.2012 , 01:18 AM | #2
Im bumping it so maybe someone sees it and helps. I havent read any star wars books, only seen movies and series

Thormart
01.04.2012 , 01:22 AM | #3
Swtor: decieved and Swtor: Revan seem like obvious choices.
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29

xianfusheng
01.04.2012 , 01:22 AM | #4
I'm not sure about books that go on about The Old Republic (apart from the current books that tie-in on this game)

Most Old Republic content and of times prior to that have been in the forms of comics, which I will recommend you to read. It gives you plenty of info and knowledge about the people who were in those times and you get to know about people such as Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd or even Naga Sadow.

Motb
01.04.2012 , 01:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thormart View Post
Swtor: decieved and Swtor: Revan seem like obvious choices.
Thanks for the advice going to look them up.

Quote: Originally Posted by xianfusheng View Post
I'm not sure about books that go on about The Old Republic (apart from the current books that tie-in on this game)

Most Old Republic content and of times prior to that have been in the forms of comics, which I will recommend you to read. It gives you plenty of info and knowledge about the people who were in those times and you get to know about people such as Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd or even Naga Sadow.
Whats the name of those comics?

Chikai
01.04.2012 , 01:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Motb View Post
Can anyone recommend some star wars books to read about the old republic, something about the background of the game? I have 8 hours to kill, so would appreciate something to do. Doesnt matter if its ebooks or not, seems this downtimes gonna be a weekly affair

Thanks in advance to any response
If you're in Siberia can't you just go out and play with the yetis? Or go troll around in Tunguska witnessing a true star wars after the explosion?

Damn! I wanna be in Siberia.
Shachi - Sith Assassin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
`.`.,.-~*`*~-..`....`..(`._. - I'm a Sith driver *honk honk*

psychogobstopper
01.04.2012 , 09:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Motb View Post
[...] seems this downtimes gonna be a weekly affair
Every MMO has downtime for maintenance.

Here are four recent threads that can help answer your question:
My last post in the second thread provides an overview specifically focused on comics and novels taking place prior to and around the timeframe of this game.