Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware going back on their word?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware going back on their word?

Zhiroc
12.13.2011 , 05:50 AM | #1
This ought to teach Bioware and other companies that doing early access is best not done. If it wasn't for the fact that it's the BEST WAY to handle the one-time instantaneous load of a launch, I'd advise companies against it.

Just given the number of pre-orders, this is probably the biggest MMO launch since WoW.

BTW, I'm guessing that they'll have all preorders in by Thursday, barring a technical problem, and opened up 2 days earlier because a) they were ready, and b) that'll give everyone a minimum of 5 days, even though they only promised a maximum.

bartillo
12.13.2011 , 07:01 AM | #2
Well apparently people who preordered in November/December are in right now while those of us who put in our code the first day for preorders are not in...

So is this the same thing as going back on the grace period? They decided to just do it random?

Hm I am not happy.

edit:

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.

We're inviting more people later today, as stated.
Lazers Pew Pew!

Tobitor
12.13.2011 , 07:01 AM | #3
evidence?

Kaskava
12.13.2011 , 07:01 AM | #4
It's six in the morning here in Arizona. Give it some time.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

Swordy
12.13.2011 , 07:02 AM | #5
No they aren't, @rockjaw specifically said that this is incorrect

lunabaguna
12.13.2011 , 07:02 AM | #6
So far as Ive seen, no one has gotten an invite except for those people who ordered very first day of pre-order so far. Even people who ordered second day pre-order have not yet gotten in.

Dekallo
12.13.2011 , 07:02 AM | #7
I really don't think so.

Nylirr
12.13.2011 , 07:02 AM | #8
So @rockjaw what's up with these people claiming the redeemed early access codes in October or later and they're in before July peeps?

Stephen Reid @Rockjaw Close
@coreydowning Well, according to the database pull, they're mistaken.
Pancaeks.

Sainnt
12.13.2011 , 07:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bartillo View Post
Well apparently people who preordered in November/December are in beta right now while those of us who put in our code the first day or preorders are not in...

So is this the same thing as going back on the grace period? They decided to just do it random?

Hm I am not happy.
wheres your proof

xxgradiusxx
12.13.2011 , 07:03 AM | #10
You are incorrect. The only people in the game right now are the first people who pre-ordered. This has been confirmed via Stephen Reid's Twitter feed.