Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Robot Chicken Vs. Family Guy

Jimsvaliant
01.04.2012 , 04:32 AM | #1
Which television show did a better Star Wars Trilogy parody. Explain your reasoning.

I'm watching Something Something Something Darkside right now and I'm wondering whether or not I should check out the robot chicken versions.

TomWhiting
01.04.2012 , 04:34 AM | #2
Both are good, but Family guy is always going to be more developed, because they've got a bigger budget. Robot Chicken is just tacky

Thejackalkernel
01.04.2012 , 04:48 AM | #3
Family Guy because it followed the plot more and put the characters into the shoes of the originals quite well really, infact I think in some ways family guys characters were already parodies of star wars characters and were just there as overinflated parts of those characters in the normal series.

Also Robot Chicken doesnt do it for me as its not put together well enough for it to make me laugh and thats what its mostly about with these types of comedies, it always feels too cheap for me to enjoy. and im betting thats just because of the stop motion.

I do enjoy some stop motion i.e. Wallace and Gromit but that is way above what Robot Chicken can pull off
"The Best kind of Bounty is one at lunch after a long days work"

www.12thmechanised.com

JangaDave
01.04.2012 , 04:57 AM | #4
Family Guy's have more in jokes about family guy than about SW. If you'd never seen FG, but loved SW, they would be pointless and unfunny, or missed entirely (think prom night dumpster baby jettisoned with the trash and the 'Falcon). Except maybe stubbornly salvaging the couch despite rampant blaster fire, ha.

Robot Chicken's really offers some funny alternate perspectives that stand alone without knowledge of the show. Like the architect whose arm was removed by Obiwan; and what would happen to the emperor's credit after the death star getting blown up?

I love Family Guy dearly, so the tributes are hilarious. But you are definitely missing out if you don't catch the Robot Chicken ones. Family Guy had me laughing through the whole thing. Robot Chicken's are more hit or miss, like the show in general, but offer the biggest laughs on the hits. IMHO.

fadetoblak
01.04.2012 , 05:20 AM | #5
Family Guy did it better imo...

Why they made Cleveland and not Joe into R2D2 is beyond me tho..