Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

Kithzyan's Avatar


Kithzyan
12.21.2011 , 04:11 PM | #1
Simple as the title really, has anyone found even just one fully moddable Techblade for Qyzen; I heard somewhere that the PvP commendations gave one but I didn't see one on the Republic Fleet on the PvP Weapons vendor so unless i'm looking in the wrong place thats a dead end.

... just one that doesn't look terrible is all I ask :P

GamewizX's Avatar


GamewizX
12.21.2011 , 04:28 PM | #2
If you ever find one, let me know... Techblades are hard enough to find as it is, let alone ones that have mod slots in them.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Kithzyan's Avatar


Kithzyan
12.21.2011 , 04:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
If you ever find one, let me know... Techblades are hard enough to find as it is, let alone ones that have mod slots in them.
Aye, thats pretty much why i'm putting this out there to ask anyone whose found one. At the moment, an Armstech friend is keeping my supplied with blue blades but its not quite the same as being able to keep one fully upgraded.

Alikain's Avatar


Alikain
12.23.2011 , 04:49 PM | #4
I have looked everywhere in the game and nothing yet. its easy to get the other companion orange weapons but the techblade hmmm that is hard. i wonder if it could be craftable item. but according to torhead we should have this somewhere http://www.torhead.com/item/77zLSYo
Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
Trust in your friends, and they’ll have reason to trust in you.

combhua's Avatar


combhua
12.29.2011 , 04:12 AM | #5
Armstech crafts these:
http://www.torhead.com/schematics/ca...chblade/catg/2

You'll have to craft them yourself or find them on the auction house

hobobumguy's Avatar


hobobumguy
01.02.2012 , 09:05 PM | #6
I'm pretty sure they don't exist, even if they did you couldn't really upgrade em since to the best of my knowledge there are no hilts with aim on them.

MrRaptorJesus's Avatar


MrRaptorJesus
01.03.2012 , 07:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kithzyan View Post
Simple as the title really, has anyone found even just one fully moddable Techblade for Qyzen; I heard somewhere that the PvP commendations gave one but I didn't see one on the Republic Fleet on the PvP Weapons vendor so unless i'm looking in the wrong place thats a dead end.

... just one that doesn't look terrible is all I ask :P

At max level you can do the Belsavis bonus series and one of the quests there offers a moddable weapon for any of your companions.

Argeno's Avatar


Argeno
01.04.2012 , 01:20 AM | #8
Would you happen to know where the bonus quest line starts?

Thanks in advance.... I REALLY need a teckblade for Vic.

Syaran's Avatar


Syaran
01.04.2012 , 07:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRaptorJesus View Post
At max level you can do the Belsavis bonus series and one of the quests there offers a moddable weapon for any of your companions.
Apparently the weapon for Qyzen from this questline is actually NOT moddable, contrary to pretty much every other damn companion's reward...only option is the craftable route but since the techblades are only used for these companions nobody is making the damn things...

Khadroth's Avatar


Khadroth
01.04.2012 , 07:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Syaran View Post
Apparently the weapon for Qyzen from this questline is actually NOT moddable, contrary to pretty much every other damn companion's reward...only option is the craftable route but since the techblades are only used for these companions nobody is making the damn things...
Yep, there is no orange moddable techblade even when there should be one based on all other rewards lol.

I suspect the reason there isn't is due to the fact that barring it using a barrel instead of a hilt you'd never be able to find an aim hilt to put in it. Then again at least they could have made the mod and enhancement slots moddable still. I dunno, BW really screwed the pooch when it came to Qyzen's itemization/stats. They may have had legitimate reasons for taking the route they did, but it's still just caused more problems.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin