Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expansion on the current companion's story lines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Expansion on the current companion's story lines?

eddiekratz
01.03.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1
I'm not one to display my emotions so openly (especially on the internet), but I have to say this.
I became deeply saddened when I finished Vette's storyline along with my class quest. It was like everything just came to a sudden stop. As if finishing a book with the phrase:
Spoiler
I HATE that. I WANT to know what happens next.

I've tried leveling up the affection of other companions. All they do is talk. No missions. Nothing.
All you get is a taste of their back story, which is nothing compared to Vette's storyline.
I guess that's a given considering it has a lot more content, and that she's such a likable character.

Now that all the deep story is over, it feels like I'm playing WoW. Mindlessly doing dungeons, accepting quests by mashing space bar knowing that all the dialogue that comes from your character from now on is just recycled phrases.

Someone please tell me that they're going to do something about this. Making the other companions have a deeper story, and expanding on the ones you have finished.

Kyriosgundam
01.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #2
I do know that it has something to do with the lvl of affection you have with each of your companion characters. However I do know that there are certain companion characters that have a deeper background than most of the others you have beacuse they play a key part of your characters main story. All anyone can do is suggest that you try another Sith Warrior and work on your other companions other than Vette.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

eddiekratz
01.03.2012 , 05:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
I do know that it has something to do with the lvl of affection you have with each of your companion characters. However I do know that there are certain companion characters that have a deeper background than most of the others you have beacuse they play a key part of your characters main story. All anyone can do is suggest that you try another Sith Warrior and work on your other companions other than Vette.
I've gotten 3 other companions to 4000 affection. All they want to do is talk.

JawaJedi
01.03.2012 , 06:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by eddiekratz View Post
I've gotten 3 other companions to 4000 affection. All they want to do is talk.
Well, you can always roll another character. I'm under the impression that each class has one companion that's particullarly fleshed out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

eddiekratz
01.03.2012 , 06:17 PM | #5
Someone please tell me that they're going to do something about this. Making the other companions have a deeper story, and expanding on the ones you have finished.
This is what I really going for.

Beamerina
01.03.2012 , 07:49 PM | #6
This please.

TalkingDinosaur
01.03.2012 , 07:55 PM | #7
They said as the game progresses they will add more to the companion stories/romances and maybe a few benefits.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

eddiekratz
01.03.2012 , 08:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
They said as the game progresses they will add more to the companion stories/romances and maybe a few benefits.
Really? Do you have a source? I would appreciate it a lot.

Donau
01.03.2012 , 08:25 PM | #9
Really? Do you have a source? I would appreciate it a lot.
I recall this too, I believe it was a joystiq article, it mentioned the smuggler writer wanted to write the first in game relationship that goes from courtship to a possible divorce.

I am not hunting it down though, this ain't wikipedia.
Remember kids, only you can stop forum fires!

eddiekratz
01.03.2012 , 08:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Donau View Post
I recall this too, I believe it was a joystiq article, it mentioned the smuggler writer wanted to write the first in game relationship that goes from courtship to a possible divorce.
Interesting. I'm actually curious as to how they're going to pull off extra companion content for those who have 10000/10000 affection. Having max affection makes it feel like it's all said and done.