Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Antiquated Naming System

A_Reaver
12.13.2011 , 08:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DurdensWrath View Post
I think some of the rage today stems from the fact that many names will be taken. Why are we still doing this?

One of the only good things Cryptic did was allowing your unique name to be your accountname, but to everyone else you could name them whatever. That way people who got the shaft today aren't having to pick at the crumb names, or worse misspelled names.
I totally agree! naming systems like this shouldn't be used anymore it just makes for lots of stupid names with XXXXXxxxxXXXX and numbers it's annoying pointless and immersion breaking
Imperial Medic

DurdensWrath
12.13.2011 , 08:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by A_Reaver View Post
I totally agree! naming systems like this shouldn't be used anymore it just makes for lots of stupid names with XXXXXxxxxXXXX and numbers it's annoying pointless and immersion breaking
I never have gotten the xXx xXx thing. It always annoys me when I see that on a gamer tag.

My opinion is, if Xbox live can have spaces in the name, I can have spaces here.

This kind of naming convention is retro now.

Cormey
12.13.2011 , 08:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKhaos View Post
Then how would I be able to mail you in game without knowing your account name. Quite frankly I do NOT want anyone to know my account name. I'm sorry but that's just asking for your account to be compromised.
Actually it's not your @account name, it was originally but they have since changed it to your @forumname and allowed people to have a seperate forum name in their account which doesnt get used in logins to quell those exact fears.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The sees all

DurdensWrath
12.13.2011 , 10:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cormey View Post
Actually it's not your @account name, it was originally but they have since changed it to your @forumname and allowed people to have a seperate forum name in their account which doesnt get used in logins to quell those exact fears.
Another bonus is, that you use the @forumname, and it will message whatever toon is logged in. You don't have to know every alt that a person has.