unused abilities?

thetehnoob

in game press ESC , select preferences, then select User interface

a section will come up that says Quickbars

if you tick enable left and enable right quickslot and then apply

you should get extra bars come up at both edges of your screen

i put the attacks i use more for close combat and pve on one side and the buffs and heals etc on the other side

and keep my main and most used attacks in the center

hope that helps

in game press ESC , select preferences, then select User interface

a section will come up that says Quickbars

if you tick enable left and enable right quickslot and then apply

you should get extra bars come up at both edges of your screen

i put the attacks i use more for close combat and pve on one side and the buffs and heals etc on the other side

and keep my main and most used attacks in the center

hope that helps

i have all the quick bars up,im just running out of keys,right now im using stuff like page up,in the next few levels ill run out of keys there...

hehe oki im just level 33 and seem to be coping for now

i guess you will have to consider your strategies and the type of situation you get in to

eg: if you dont pvp and normaly hunt in a group your less likley to need legshot

or if you mainly hunt champions and elites with large health points you will likely need poison dart as useless as it seems on small enemies

at the end of the day remember you dont have to use a skill or even train it just because its available

i mean i mainly use the same 5 shots and the rest of the attacks only in special situations :)

Level 50 sniper (marksmanship) here. I find that I actually need to use everything on a regular basis in PvE, with the exception of Corrosive Dart and Slice Droid. But you probably want the dart if you're going to do any kiting or PvP and Slice Droid can be useful in heroics.

Between the class talents and stuff like relics, medpacs and stims, I find that I use every open bar slot and that it's just enough space. If I were to get even one more active ability, I'd have a problem. So I hope they increase bar space by the next expansion (I can't use that disorienting cover bar).

You can save a couple of slots by taking the rez spells off of your bar, if you haven't already, since these can be activated directly by right-clicking on a corpse in game.

Edited by Laiov

are you using stuff like,f1-f12,and shift/ctrl modifiers?

I use the keypad on the right side of the board rather than the letter keys, so I only use the four closest function keys, and I'm using insert, del, home, end, page up / down and so forth. I don't use modifiers, but I probably will once I'm more comfortable with the scenarios.

I play with an inverted mouse also, so don't take my binding advice.

edit: is there a way to turn cover bar off permanently?i turn it off but it comes back every 5-10 minutes

It's bugged. You have to disable it every time you change planets or log. Forgetting to do so has nearly killed me on several occasions.

I'm also running out of space, I have small hands so can't have so many keybinds. :/

I think I'm all good though when I unbind certain abilites I only use in PvE, like Splice Droid, Countermeasures and Advanced Recon. Will probably unbind Supressive Fire aswell because I never use it in PvP.

Headshot

Fail. Headshot uses no energy and combos with Explosive Probe or Fragmentation Grenade. You should be using this whenever you use one of those, which, in the case of the probe, is whenever it's up.

Eviscerate is also very useful in combination with Debilitate and Shiv when you've got an add on you in that this sequence will often kill the add outright (unless it's strong), albeit less essential than Headshot. To some extent, use of these three melee abilities is a matter of situation and choice, but Headshot really isn't.

Edited by Laiov

Rifle Shot, Headshot and Eviscerate.

I rarely ever go below 60 energy, and when I do Adrenaline Probe is ready.

I'm rarely close enough to use Eviscerate, and if I am I'd just knockback/stun/Shiv/etc.

I kill standards too quickly to bother with Headshot anyway.

Level 50 sniper (marksmanship) here. I find that I actually need to use everything on a regular basis in PvE, with the exception of Corrosive Dart and Slice Droid. But you probably want the dart if you're going to do any kiting or PvP and Slice Droid can be useful in heroics.

Slice Droid is amazing in PvE.

My friend and I could clear H4 instances with droid mobs easily with this skill.

Best thing about it? It's usable in combat.

Simple answer: Make more key-binds. It sounds to me like your making far too many silly key-binds, but i suppose it is what works for you. The key is using modifiers!

Some of my key-binds -

keys 1-6 and then have them on a Shift and Alt modifier also.

Keys Q, E, R, T, F are great key-binds also, I also use Shift modifiers with a couple of these

Shift + Space / Ctrl Space

Mouse buttons - middle and both side buttons, also use shift modifiers with them all

... straight away that's roughly 40 key-binds. Now, it may take some time to get used to your new key-binds, but the sooner you start to use them .... the better!