Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there something wrong with the warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is there something wrong with the warzones?

tiguelinus
12.13.2011 , 09:59 PM | #1
I have been doing pvp for a few hours now and the only warzone I have been getting is huttball.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/thrawn2034.png

Kryptorchid
12.13.2011 , 10:00 PM | #2
That's probably because you are Imperial and on a server with a big Imperial vs. Republic discrepancy, so naturally the only Warzone that can pit you against your own faction will come up often.

reofjsof
12.13.2011 , 10:01 PM | #3
play republic

reofjsof
12.13.2011 , 10:02 PM | #4
it's hilarious to me how 90% of the posters on this forum think they're going to be edgy and cool by playing empire, and can't wait to beat all the "little kids who only play the good guys!!"

meanwhile every single server is like 3:1 empire:republic

tiguelinus
12.13.2011 , 10:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryptorchid View Post
That's probably because you are Imperial and on a server with a big Imperial vs. Republic discrepancy, so naturally the only Warzone that can pit you against your own faction will come up often.
Hmm, makes sence.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/thrawn2034.png

PitchShifta
12.13.2011 , 10:04 PM | #6
Uhh, yah. Nevermind.

Riftmaster
12.13.2011 , 10:10 PM | #7
Probably the current imbalance in numbers between empire and republic.

I expect it'll even out in time, but for now you'll be getting alot of huttball.
Riftmaster
The Customer Service forum may have answers to various launcher/account issues people are having - check it out.

NivaSparkles
12.13.2011 , 10:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by reofjsof View Post
it's hilarious to me how 90% of the posters on this forum think they're going to be edgy and cool by playing empire, and can't wait to beat all the "little kids who only play the good guys!!"

I would rather poke my eye out then be tortured by the "story" on republic side. It about killed me in beta. This is why they have to have cross server warzones.

Riftmaster
12.13.2011 , 11:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NivaSparkles View Post
I would rather poke my eye out then be tortured by the "story" on republic side. It about killed me in beta. This is why they have to have cross server warzones.
Won't help if the entire game population is majority empire.

Doubt that'll be the case though.

I expect the imbalance will even out after a bit, but who knows.

And I liked the republic stories, the trooper and smuggler ones best. Only played to lvl 12ish on a trooper during beta, but...it wasn't a terrible story by any means.

Hell, I like ALL the stories.
Riftmaster
The Customer Service forum may have answers to various launcher/account issues people are having - check it out.

Luroc
12.13.2011 , 11:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by reofjsof View Post

Edgy and cool??

Good one..