Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

JSunrider
01.03.2012 , 04:28 PM | #21
Passing works like forcequake/mortar/equivalent skills: you activate the power (put it on your quickbar) and then paint a target on the ground. Click and it throws to the spot; ball goes to the receiver closest to the targeted area. Range is 30m I believe.

KTGrim
01.03.2012 , 05:12 PM | #22
Another tip: Consider buying stims that do not expire on death from your friendly neighborhood biochem crafter. Or craft reusable stims yourself.

EscVelocity
01.03.2012 , 05:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JSunrider View Post
Passing works like forcequake/mortar/equivalent skills: you activate the power (put it on your quickbar) and then paint a target on the ground. Click and it throws to the spot; ball goes to the receiver closest to the targeted area. Range is 30m I believe.

Yeah I'll note that when I started I wasn't aware of it, either.

It wasn't until I left the game and proceeded to quest and level up that I realized the game automatically adds the "Throw the Huttball" ability to next available quickslot.

Of course you can then move it to another slot and set a keybinding accordingly. A mouse button or whatever you want.

And the range is indeed 30m.

Astarica
01.03.2012 , 05:24 PM | #24
Throwing the ball is like any targetted ground ability, but while you're carrying the ball expect to be on the receiving end of a ton of CC effects, so you might not be able to actually get the throw off in time. There are a lot of times I swear the throw button was broken before I realized I was stunned by 2 guys since I had the ball.

Ethias
01.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #25
as a note, it's not who scores the last score that wins in a tie, as I just lost a match in which we had the last cap.

sptsnz
01.04.2012 , 12:31 AM | #26
If only the average player would read this thread (or even loading screen of hutt ball). Really really well made guide though!

Suboi
01.04.2012 , 12:33 AM | #27
So when its a tie, the team who has possession of the ball wins the game? is that how it is?

Because I was just in a game, and It was 1-0. Then we scored and it became 1-1.

no one scored after that, and then the Rotworms took possession of the ball and held it for the last 30seconds, and they won.... I thought it was the last team that scored in a tie that won the matchs up usually. Atleast thats how it was in WoW with Warsong Gulch.

BambulaGTS
01.04.2012 , 04:30 AM | #28
Another "tip" (lol) your 50 lvl buddy healer stands in the acid pool under your guard and outheal all freaking damage from the pool easily.

He gets medals for heals, your get all medals for guard.

Fast, easy, cheesy exploit.

dark_
01.04.2012 , 05:51 AM | #29
great job on this guide. It was a great read as well as an informative one.

Chrillie
01.04.2012 , 06:57 AM | #30
Thanks, this was needed for everyone that just doesn't understand how huttball works. I hope every baddie takes the time to read this.