Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

Zorke
01.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.

lueckjathom
01.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #2
That is why they don't want them. They enjoy the playstyle of being bad and not caring. They enjoy just bumbling around and pressing whatever buttons they feel like because the attack or spell looks neat. They want a game where the difficulty is balanced around them being able to do so.

They don't want a game that has addons because not only does the game difficulty become balanced around people using those addons to perform their job better, but the other players also now have the tools to see how bad these people really are, and now they aren't getting their free ride through content anymore.

MasterRequiem
01.03.2012 , 02:04 PM | #3
With addons in place, you start paying attention to the numbers and your performance instead of just playing and enjoying the game. They drain the fun out of a form of entertainment. That is why casual players don't enjoy them.
Hokey religions and glow-sticks are nothing compared to the power of beer and pie.

Zorke
01.03.2012 , 02:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRequiem View Post
With addons in place, you start paying attention to the numbers and your performance instead of just playing and enjoying the game. They drain the fun out of a form of entertainment. That is why casual players don't enjoy them.
Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy min/maxing their characters. Also, you use the term "casual" instead of "bad". Shame on you.

zegota
01.03.2012 , 02:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
IIf you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?
It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!

Sythrasz
01.03.2012 , 02:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by zegota View Post
It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!
The bad player is already at a crazy disadvantage due to being bad.

lueckjathom
01.03.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
Pretty much this is the problem.

It's two different playstyles, and two different ideas of what's fun. For me, the numbers and performance are fun. The game itself can be enjoyable on it's own for sure, but in the end game, how may times are you going to run the same hard mode flashpoint just for the "experience" of it. In the end, the gearing up and numbers are all that the end game players have.

It's not right or wrong to enjoy the game one way or the other.

I don't care if you enjoy your immersive experience without the numbers, that's fine. Why do you care if I enjoy the numbers when the experience loses its luster?

dchero
01.03.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8
But that's really no reason to constantly QQ about Addons ...

I get that baddies don't want to know they are bad.

I get that baddies don't want other folks to know they are bad.

I even get that baddies don't want to be better at all ... they are fine just being bad.

What I don't get is somehow the baddies actually think that with no mods or add-ons they will somehow slip below the radar and get carried by the goods? Really? It's one thing to be Bad, but this sort of thinking takes a person from being Bad to being downright STUPID.

The reality is that is SWTOR doesn't allow any form of UI modifications, any form of macros (mouse over healing anybody?), or any form of meters (hello, where is our combat log at least) then this game will not garner the long term subs that other MMO's do.

So, I doubt *nothing* is going to be BW's stance on those subjects. They might not allow full blown mods, but to not allow even a "mouse over" option for abilities? to not even have a combat log? No, you don't spend this much on a game and allow those simple need to go unmet.

Sharma
01.03.2012 , 02:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world.
this is the biggest load of crap i've ever read, and I love WoW and hardcore raiding. Ulduar was the last great raid blizz ever did, everything since then including every cata raid has been carebear e-z mode. raiding in WoW is a joke now. with the introduction of panda land i cant imagine how much worse its going to get.

Zorke
01.03.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharma View Post
this is the biggest load of crap i've ever read, and I love WoW and hardcore raiding. Ulduar was the last great raid blizz ever did, everything since then including every cata raid has been carebear e-z mode. raiding in WoW is a joke now. with the introduction of panda land i cant imagine how much worse its going to get.
This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.