Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Tanking>?

Dchsknight
01.03.2012 , 12:56 PM | #11
Yep that is what I am seeing if it is a strong or higher or a melee it kill it and let the others deal with the piss ant stuff...

Terin
01.03.2012 , 01:24 PM | #12
The Consular's Shadow AC is far-and-away a better DPS and Tank, from my experience. Playing a Jedi Guardian and Sith Assassin, I find the Guardian has way too many buttons he has to press, none of which ever really amount to much damage or threat. Even his Taunt, it forces your target to attack you, but doesn't actually generate threat.

The Assassin, on the other hand (which plays like the Jedi Shadow) has outstanding DPS, and I've found to be a much more solid tank. He maybe lacks some of the cooldowns of the Jedi Guardian, requiring a little more dexterity in knowing how to avoid AoE damage, but I think he more than makes up for it in overall performance.

Now granted, because this is an MMO, this could very well change as soon as the next patch. But right now, the Jedi Guardian just feels like a sub-par Tank with a clunky, bloated rotation. As for their DPS, I haven't been impressed with it, either, although that's outside my area of expertise.

In short, I cannot possibly recommend the Jedi Guardian right now, if you're looking strictly for gameplay. If you're in it for the Story, though, I'm sure the gameplay will get patched to be more competitive at some point, I just don't know when.

Dchsknight
01.03.2012 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
The Consular's Shadow AC is far-and-away a better DPS and Tank, from my experience. Playing a Jedi Guardian and Sith Assassin, I find the Guardian has way too many buttons he has to press, none of which ever really amount to much damage or threat. Even his Taunt, it forces your target to attack you, but doesn't actually generate threat.

The Assassin, on the other hand (which plays like the Jedi Shadow) has outstanding DPS, and I've found to be a much more solid tank. He maybe lacks some of the cooldowns of the Jedi Guardian, requiring a little more dexterity in knowing how to avoid AoE damage, but I think he more than makes up for it in overall performance.

Now granted, because this is an MMO, this could very well change as soon as the next patch. But right now, the Jedi Guardian just feels like a sub-par Tank with a clunky, bloated rotation. As for their DPS, I haven't been impressed with it, either, although that's outside my area of expertise.

In short, I cannot possibly recommend the Jedi Guardian right now, if you're looking strictly for gameplay. If you're in it for the Story, though, I'm sure the gameplay will get patched to be more competitive at some point, I just don't know when.
Here is a question... HOw do you know shadows pull more dps in tanking? there are no meters. and thing of it DPS/ by resource..

You cant base it off by numbers because if we do that then Arms/fury warriors do way more dps then hunters all back before 4.3 in wow. THis is how ever not the cause. Warriors might have hit harder and had bigger numbers, but hunters pulled more...