Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Antisocial Social

Laiken
01.02.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1
Does anyone else hate random grouping? Without anyone I know in real life playing, or a Guild that is actually mature and helpful, I've had a nightmare of a time grouping. Not forming groups, (I guess that doesn't happen until higher-level planets)- but the people I get stuck with when forming a random group. My experience has been that most others are just racing through repeatable group areas as fast as possible, take all the loot, screw everyone else- back around to the beginning, and do it again. I understand this is an option, and many are just focused on as much loot and xp they can get in as short a time as possible- it just doesn't suit me. I'm new at MMO's, always been a solo guy- so I'm clunky at typing/playing at the same time as rushing through an area- for at least a while I need to slow down, plan attacks, catch my breath and communicate with my group. I find most people don't have the patience for that. My own issues, I know- and eventually I'll have people I trust to group up with- but until then, maybe some sort of search filter, when you set yourself as LFG, maybe add sub-categories like "Hardcore" or "Teamwork"...?

Shadesiren
01.02.2012 , 01:04 PM | #2
I totally agree with this idea - When I played City of Heroes, there was an option to put in a comment - mine always said "Teamwork and communication required", I hate being on a team where no one says anything, they just RUN and KILL. I'm with you, too - I can't kill AND type.

If you're on Shien Server, look me up lol

Laiken
01.03.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3
Thanks Shadesiren! I just joined an Empire Guild on Ajunta Pall (Shadow Company) led by Cretz. It's a great fit. Cretz has been welcoming, and has casual game immersive play as a priority. No rushing, help each other when it's called for. (He even had to show me how to use Guild Chat, little things that I was a little embarrassed to admit I didn't know how to do.) We're small so far- but recruiting the right kind of people. You should consider starting a character there and joining us. Message myself or Cretz in-game, or Private Message here if you'd like to join us. Cheers!!