Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was anakin/darthvader ever actually not of the dark side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was anakin/darthvader ever actually not of the dark side

xnoxiousx
01.03.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1
In episode 4 5 and 6 it made it seem that he was good before he was vader but....

He killed all the innocent people in episode 2 and has always wanted power.
Killed children in episode 3 and they made it seem like he was manipulated to the darkside no he always was before sith even got to him.

Also a plot hole.... Why does padme at end of episode 3 care so much he killed young children then when in episode 2 he killed all the innocent and she still married him and did not care. lol makes no sense to me get your priority's right.

Ellaerian
01.03.2012 , 10:22 AM | #2
If he had been raised by the Jedi since birth as was usually done during that era he would never have formed the attachments that drove him to kill the sandpeople or allowed Palpatine to manipulate him.

As for Padme... what personally bothers me the most about her story is when she dies during childbirth. While it is completely plausible that a woman could die from complications during childbirth (not to mention that Anakin force-choked the crap out of her just before), they explicitly state that she died for no reason at all.

To respond to the original question, yes I do think that as a child he was rather innocent. I think Lucas intended to show that it was his emotional attachments to his mother and Padme that caused his shift toward the dark side.

Wolfninjajedi
01.03.2012 , 10:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xnoxiousx View Post
In episode 4 5 and 6 it made it seem that he was good before he was vader but....

He killed all the innocent people in episode 2 and has always wanted power.
Killed children in episode 3 and they made it seem like he was manipulated to the darkside no he always was before sith even got to him.

Also a plot hole.... Why does padme at end of episode 3 care so much he killed young children then when in episode 2 he killed all the innocent and she still married him and did not care. lol makes no sense to me get your priority's right.
Its not a plot hole, Anakin didn't kill any innocents in EP 2 he killed Sand People who are hostile to pretty much everyone and they kidnapped and tortured his mother to death.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

xnoxiousx
01.03.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellaerian View Post
If he had been raised by the Jedi since birth as was usually done during that era he would never have formed the attachments that drove him to kill the sandpeople or allowed Palpatine to manipulate him.

As for Padme... what personally bothers me the most about her story is when she dies during childbirth. While it is completely plausible that a woman could die from complications during childbirth (not to mention that Anakin force-choked the crap out of her just before), they explicitly state that she died for no reason at all.

To respond to the original question, yes I do think that as a child he was rather innocent. I think Lucas intended to show that it was his emotional attachments to his mother and Padme that caused his shift toward the dark side.
1. I agree with padme that also bother me but lets be honest the reason she died like that is because they needed kill her off someone how to fit the old movies.
2. Also i have nothing against them showing his attachments but they said in on of the original movies it was obiwan i think he said "he was a noble jedi knight seduced by the dark side" Im not really sure i can agree with that due to fact he really was lead by no one but him self and his emotions. The way he said it in originals made it sound like sith lord did it when he already did lots evil stuff fin episode 2.

xnoxiousx
01.03.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Its not a plot hole, Anakin didn't kill any innocents in EP 2 he killed Sand People who are hostile to pretty much everyone and they kidnapped and tortured his mother to death.
Ummm last time i checked he killed the women and children who for all we know did not tortured any one and were innocent.

Wolfninjajedi
01.03.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
Ummm last time i checked he killed the women and children who for all we know did not tortured any one and were innocent.
Who says the women and childern are innocent?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Suckmycookies
01.03.2012 , 10:44 AM | #7
That's women for you, mental !

Kiyanta
01.03.2012 , 10:49 AM | #8
true, but he regretted it, and showed it

xnoxiousx
01.03.2012 , 11:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Who says the women and childern are innocent?
Who says they were not? A jedi would only do it if he knew or would not at all.

Amaste
01.03.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Suckmycookies View Post
That's women for you, mental !
I lol'ed, now I'm being looked at funny at work. Tis what i get for trying to be a ninja. xD
.: The Unlucky Dücks :.
The Harbinger
"If it isn't drunk healing, it isn't Dück healing."