Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harry Potter, Helm's Deep, and Early Game Access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Harry Potter, Helm's Deep, and Early Game Access

slaphappyhobbit
12.13.2011 , 08:32 PM | #11
Are you serious JustTed? He never said he was entitled to anything. All the OP said was that if bioware wants to do well they should learn to communicate with their costumers rather then just make vague posts. I don't see what's so hard to understand about his post.

To the OP I think this is a great post and really hit the nail on the head, thanks for taking the time to write it up. I hope people from bioware read it and pass the message on.

CBGB
12.13.2011 , 09:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
What on Earth makes you think you're entitled to anything beyond what you agreed to?
Er... nothing?

Quote:
You agreed to the following: between now and the 19th.
Yep, no complaints about whenever I get in... just a request to learn now when it will be. In the last beta weekend test, my time started on Saturday, and that was fine. I knew well in advance.

Why not do the same for access? I'll then happily go off and do other things before my date comes, then see if I can plan a day off for when it does.

Everyone at B&N got their copy of Harry Potter. But at one store, even the wait was a good experience. They didn't have more books - just a better plan.

Quote:
You have absolutely no case whatsoever.
My 'case' is two suggestions:
  • For Early Access - send the invites now, even the ones that won't activate for days, just as Bioware did with beta.
    Waiting is much easier when you know what to expect.
  • For launch: restore a one-week grace period for anyone who preordered, so everyone has access on launch day.
    Let us all play together. If EA insists on holding the CE for later delivery, then don't let the box determine the play date.
Ebon Hawk: Kurek, Op. Anvar, Merc. Kalek, Sorc. Jurat, Sage. Jagen, Commando. Jaxis, Scoundrel.

Rhaeton
12.13.2011 , 09:30 PM | #13
In the future, don't take time off from work because you "might" get to play early access of a GAME!
"It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe." Master Thon

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 09:31 PM | #14
Hats off to the OP.

A little respect goes a long way in business.

simonots
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #15
Good post

Turgann
12.13.2011 , 09:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by airrazr View Post
twilight mid-night release nightmares
So many teenage girls....so little time....(and the occasional soccer mom)
Do or do not. There is no try.

stayeduptolate
12.13.2011 , 09:34 PM | #17
nice post

Zaraath
12.13.2011 , 09:34 PM | #18
OP,

So you are saying...if you tell 80% of your player base that has already shown a commitment to buy to Shut up and Color they may not like that?

Zaraath
12.13.2011 , 09:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Turgann View Post
So many teenage girls....so little time....(and the occasional soccer mom)
Smoke 'em while you got them. I am stuck with Soccer Mom's at my age

JaBDAT
12.13.2011 , 09:35 PM | #20
Beautiful post thanks!