Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Complete normal before hardmode?

zolthie's Avatar


zolthie
12.28.2011 , 05:26 PM | #1
Do you have to run through every single instance on normal mode before you can do hardmode?

jimusx's Avatar


jimusx
01.02.2012 , 10:49 PM | #2
Yes you do, it's dumb as hell but yes. Considering how many people don't do dungeons; making the reg modes a requirement for hard modes I dont think much thought went into this by Bioware. Let's hope they wisen up and change this soon. I for one am not very happy about the thought of doing low level dungeons, what a waste of time.

FACEONGLASS's Avatar


FACEONGLASS
01.02.2012 , 10:52 PM | #3
No you don't have to do the normal before you do the hard mode. The only one where you have to do the quest chain is Taral V -> Maelstorm Prison.

Edwarzo's Avatar


Edwarzo
01.03.2012 , 07:21 AM | #4
Didn't have to for False Emperor and Battle of Ilum. Can't say for certain about the others since I ran them on normal while leveling but I would assume that if you can run the last two without doing them on normal, you should be able to do all of them on hard mode without having cleared normal mode first.

FalmeseReb's Avatar


FalmeseReb
01.03.2012 , 07:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jimusx View Post
Yes you do, it's dumb as hell but yes. Considering how many people don't do dungeons; making the reg modes a requirement for hard modes I dont think much thought went into this by Bioware. Let's hope they wisen up and change this soon. I for one am not very happy about the thought of doing low level dungeons, what a waste of time.
and this dude has no idea what he's talking about...
Fyoro Falm, Kettemoor Rebels, SWG
"would you like a taste of my Trauger Gas?" -OE-/Mnky ftw

Mesley McCallister, Antigua Brits, PotBS

Tathir's Avatar


Tathir
01.03.2012 , 10:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FalmeseReb View Post
and this dude has no idea what he's talking about...
True story. I will say unless you have someone who is experienced with the hard mode it's not a bad idea to run the reg just to get a feel for where things are and the general flow of the encounters.
The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am. -Darth Vader

Johan_Lore's Avatar


Johan_Lore
01.03.2012 , 12:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FACEONGLASS View Post
No you don't have to do the normal before you do the hard mode. The only one where you have to do the quest chain is Taral V -> Maelstorm Prison.
Can you explain this, i wasnt given the option of hardmode D7 nor Foundry. Please explain how i can go to the hardmode versions of these.

Tealo's Avatar


Tealo
01.03.2012 , 12:47 PM | #8
I had to complet the quest Call to Arms before I was able to start doing Hard Mode Foundry.
Duck...