Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skype vs Vent

VinceLaPour
12.13.2011 , 09:25 PM | #11
GSC

16 characters
Join Inglorious Banthas and give Commander Abutali his Jedi scalps.

-MunkeyNutz-
12.13.2011 , 09:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurgrayden View Post
Vent is free if you use your own system as the server. Some guilds rent server space for better capacity/ease of use.
..how does one use his own system as a server?..

Maxican
12.13.2011 , 09:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurgrayden View Post
Vent is free if you use your own system as the server. Some guilds rent server space for better capacity/ease of use.
Honestly its not that much to rent a server if he plans on just having a few of his friends on to play with him, also for a guild a few bucks here and there can pick up the extra slots needed. All in all either mumble or vent are great services.

saitek
12.13.2011 , 09:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VinceLaPour View Post
GSC

16 characters
I used GSC back in my warhammer days, was a good program. I use Dolby Axon now, has some AWSOME surround sound quality. You get a big room that everyone sits in, can just move your little icon around the room, and depending where everyone else is from yours, you hear them from different speakers. Sounds awsome in my turtle beach headset

-MunkeyNutz-
12.13.2011 , 09:31 PM | #15
thanx alot everyone... i really appreciate all the help...seems like Vent is the most popular, but i think i mite just download both skype and vent... cover both ends... then figure out later wich one ill use more then dump the other.. sounds like vent mite be it tho..

Maxican
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #16
No problem man.

TwinIONengines
12.13.2011 , 09:35 PM | #17
For most decision it comes down to what the guild you join is using.

If you are going to do you're own thing. Vent is most popular and thinner client as stated but you'll have to pay a small monthly sum to a hosting company. Skype you won't have to rent a hosting server but less people will be willing to use it because of the system demands.
(███████████████████▐▐▌▌Θ▐▐▌▌███████████████████)

DanOC
12.13.2011 , 09:36 PM | #18
Skype is a lot better if you're with close friends because of no PTT but other than that use vent
Need more tissues you pussay?

-MunkeyNutz-
12.13.2011 , 09:41 PM | #19
any guild sugestions based on this?

VorpalCheese
12.13.2011 , 09:43 PM | #20
We use Mumble. Really nice program and it isn't a hog or a pita to use and adjust.
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 full tower case||INTEL I5-2500K 4.0 GHZ||2x SLI Palit GTX 560 TI 2GB||Corsair AX850 PSU||8GB Kingston HyperX RAM||750GB 64MB cache HDD||30GB Kingston SSD||GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3 Mobo||Nvidia Surround 5760x1080