Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

deserttfoxx
01.03.2012 , 01:06 AM | #1
Seriously bioware, did you guys think this through? 585 to a single stat for 15 seconds every 3minutes, FOR EVER! how is that balanced?

The stims should be consumable, charge based, 3 charges per craft and it is unique meaning you have to use those 3 charges before you can make another one.

As i see it now, most people will take up biochem in the future because those reuseable stims are just too insane to pass up, and i dont need to stay 400 synthweaving after i create my full tier 3 set.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Hett
01.03.2012 , 01:07 AM | #2
I agree. Completely.

solmanian
01.03.2012 , 02:02 AM | #3
U can say that on any skill, that why u need to actually have the skill to use the best BOP's it has. If u want to max lvl every class skill and make the best BoE's available to your class and move one? That's fine too. If u want to settle on biochem for the reusables that's perfectly fine. It's not a bug or glitch...
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

deserttfoxx
01.03.2012 , 02:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by solmanian View Post
U can say that on any skill, that why u need to actually have the skill to use the best BOP's it has. If u want to max lvl every class skill and make the best BoE's available to your class and move one? That's fine too. If u want to settle on biochem for the reusables that's perfectly fine. It's not a bug or glitch...
Biochem requires biochem 400 to use the items.

I didnt say it was a bug or a glitch dude read, it gives 585 to any stat you decide to make. do you not understand how much of a buff that is? Clearly you dont because you dont.

And its permanent, this is a balance thing, not a bug or a glitch report.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Flaxman
01.03.2012 , 03:16 AM | #5
Not gonna be a problem really, since all other profs than biochem sucks, everyone is gonna go biochem and voila, all balanced and fine

Evarg
01.03.2012 , 03:19 AM | #6
He said it is not a bug, it is intended. You can take synthweaving and make the best gear for yourself, then switch. No one is stopping you.

If everyone ends up as Biochem, so be it.

Aepervius
01.03.2012 , 03:24 AM | #7
To get to that point you have to invest time and money : those are purple. Lot of time and lot of money from my experience. If they were consumable like blue, even great consumable, it would be not worth at all the time and money to get. Actually scratch that I would not do biochem at all without the reusable for myself, because NOBODY is buying biochem stuff (at least under 50). So biochem get buff, heals and short buff which are reusable. Compare this to all other skills which get "permanents" (items) at all levels.

The only reason biochem looks so good, is because in comparison all other skills are *useless* once you reach 50.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

Kshahdoo
01.03.2012 , 04:48 AM | #8
I'm almost 400 biochem myself and I agree about those buffs. They are stupidly overpowered. They should be consumed on use. And medpac is overpowered as well. 8+k heal every 90 sec and reusable - way too much. Nerf the amount of healing at least.

Eukament
01.03.2012 , 05:00 AM | #9
MMO today -> find the most broken side of the game as fast as possible and exploit as much as possible before the developers notice. Repeat ad naseum.

Slicing got nuked, Biochem your time has come.

magnuskn
01.03.2012 , 05:01 AM | #10
Please stop trying to nerf the last useful profession. Kthxbye.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.