Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are all flashpoints after the first so bland...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are all flashpoints after the first so bland...?

ShadowMasterRP
01.03.2012 , 02:00 AM | #1
So I've been playing since early access and have done five or six flashpoints by now I believe.

I play the Empire, so the first flashpoint I got to do was Black Talon, which was... FUN.

It was great. It had a dynamic feel to it, it had plenty of conversation options with plenty of convo rolls and whatnot. It also had a fun final boss battle with knockback and a generally fun feel of dynamic combat.

But then I started leveling further and doing the flashpoints after Black Talon...
And every single one has been the same bland WoW-like dungeon experience.

No conversations whatsoever except a single "ZOMG MORAL CHOICE" scene, nothing particularly dynamic in terms of combat mechanics, and ridiculously boring and bland final bosses (I'm looking at you, Athiss).

So are all flashpoints like this or do they get better at some point...?

Or did the devs only put real effort and creativity into the first flashpoint to give a positive impression and then just decided to stop caring as much for the rest of the dungeons?

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this game, but I can't ignore what I'm seeing when looking at all the flashpoints I've done so far as one big picture: a picture that doesn't get any prettier with every new flashpoint I visit.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength; through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory; through victory, my chains are broken.

Pazno
01.03.2012 , 02:15 AM | #2
There are several more interesting ones - though most of the ones from the dropship area are more like HS and Athiss in design. Cademimu was fun though. and most of the ones you get from other areas of the fleet or Ilum are more storied.

wixxkruppel
01.03.2012 , 02:28 AM | #3
The next flashpoint with a little bit more conversation is the Foundry.

Libertine
01.03.2012 , 02:42 AM | #4
tell you the truth...conversation are nice for the first couple of time you run a flashpoint but it gets old fast. these days when I do BT Hardmode for Daily I will only take people that agree to skip the dialogue ...

ShadowMasterRP
01.03.2012 , 02:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
tell you the truth...conversation are nice for the first couple of time you run a flashpoint but it gets old fast. these days when I do BT Hardmode for Daily I will only take people that agree to skip the dialogue ...
Why play SWTOR then...?

Sugerbabe
01.03.2012 , 02:55 AM | #6
When you have seen the dialogs 2-3 times, why want to see then again ?

DustomaticGXC
01.03.2012 , 03:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMasterRP View Post
Why play SWTOR then...?
How does hearing the same story over and over and over until you feel like just skipping it have anything to do with SWTOR specifically?
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

ShadowMasterRP
01.03.2012 , 03:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DustomaticGXC View Post
How does hearing the same story over and over and over until you feel like just skipping it have anything to do with SWTOR specifically?
It's... the game's signature trait? The cinematic conversations, that is.

And it's not always the same. It's always different because you've got different party members who look and sound different, choose different answers based on option rolls and say different quotes for them.

I mean, if you don't enjoy the cinematic aspect, why play SWTOR?

This isn't a SWTOR fanboy rant though. I myself am probably not going to stay in SWTOR long term, but if I didn't enjoy its signature aspect, I'd not play it at all.

Thanks for the info though. Good to know they aren't all like the bland flashpoints I've encountered so far.

Libertine
01.03.2012 , 04:27 AM | #9
It's... the game's signature trait? The cinematic conversations, that is.

And it's not always the same. It's always different because you've got different party members who look and sound different, choose different answers based on option rolls and say different quotes for them.

I mean, if you don't enjoy the cinematic aspect, why play SWTOR?

This isn't a SWTOR fanboy rant though. I myself am probably not going to stay in SWTOR long term, but if I didn't enjoy its signature aspect, I'd not play it at all.

Thanks for the info though. Good to know they aren't all like the bland flashpoints I've encountered so far.
lets see, i did BT about 4 or 5 times in normal mode at low levels and 7 times or so in hardmode ... there is no point in listening to all the dialogue over and over again ...

blackcerberus
01.03.2012 , 04:56 AM | #10
No conversations whatsoever except a single "ZOMG MORAL CHOICE" scene, nothing particularly dynamic in terms of combat mechanics, and ridiculously boring and bland final bosses (I'm looking at you, Athiss).
Just wait till you see Cademimu. We did it at the recomended level, our 2 DPS got d/c, and I tanked the boss with a healer. The 2 of us downed it no problem at all.

This game is insultingly easier than WoW, BioWare treat us like we were special kids that found WoW challenging....