Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About RP Servers and endgame content...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
About RP Servers and endgame content...

Norumaniac
01.02.2012 , 09:42 PM | #1
Hello, how is it going?

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions, maybe you can help me.

When you are on a RP server, do you always have to be Role playing? For example, would it be awkward if you are in a group and you are not Rping while others are?

Is it considered impolite or rude if you refuse to Rp on a Rp server?

Asking this cause i heard the community on Rp servers is great, and i like that, but im not really into Rp (never tried to be honest).

Also, about the endgame content: Do you think it would be possible to find cool PvE guilds, that care about raiding on a Rp server or is everyone just focused in his own story?

Thanks for the help.

NinjaDeLaNoches
01.02.2012 , 10:52 PM | #2
from my personal experiences on Kath Hound... RP servers are very Light- RP. From what i have seen, the only role-playing is done in Guilds and occasional encounters with other players. Most of the General and Raid chat is none-RP. I haven't seen an incredible amount of social interaction, but that's probably due to the low server population. I also haven't seent o many guild due to the server population... hope this helps

RoninTigera
01.02.2012 , 11:04 PM | #3
I play on an RP server, and generally don't RP. I like to think that it is encouraged, but not required. Mainly I like the RP server because you don't get as many of the hardcore, L33T d00ds running around with stupid names and attitudes. The people try to at least keep up an RP atmosphere.

I can't speak for everyone on the RP servers, this is just my opinion on it.
ELDERIC PENDRAKE
иииииииииии Military [SHADOW COMPANY] Mercenary иииииииииии
Many Worlds | Established 2004 | No Drama
For Power and Profit!

Raiellyn
01.02.2012 , 11:19 PM | #4
RP servers are tricky like that.

Some are very lax, and don't really care if you actually RP or not. Those usually "die" fairly quick, as the roleplayers tend to just go underground and not publicly RP.

Others are very strict. People don't like non-RP guilds advertising, using abbreviations in /say, or say... dancing on a mailbox for giggles.

But really, so long as you aren't a jerk about it, they will mostly leave you alone. If you see a group of RPers, don't go mess with them. That is just rude. Go your seperate way, and don't give it a second thought. And if people *are* RPing in your group, you may want to find a new one, as it hurts both sides. You, as a non-RPer, are killing their immersion. And they, as RPers, would probably be progressing too slowly for you.

As a note, the accepted standard for RP servers is that /say should *never* be used for out-of-character chat. However, if needed, do this;
((This is an example statement.))

That signals to everyone that the statement is not in-character, and makes it easier for RPers to sort through their chat log.

And finally, remember; the server is not for you. It is an RP server. At the end of the day, you are on *their* turf. You can stay and enjoy the community, but the server's first and foremost priority should always be roleplay.

Silvermink
01.02.2012 , 11:45 PM | #5
You should be aware that some people consider all non-ooc channels as RP required. It doesn't mean you have to make up an elaborate story and act weird, just talk and act like your character would. Also Spoilers and Shortcuts in public channels (even group or raid) can get you ignored by an individual or an entire guild or kicked from the group/raid/guild. Not sure if any servers keep blacklists.

The biggest thing to remember is what would your character know/do.