Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Running game through Bootcamp: Error 7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Running game through Bootcamp: Error 7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth-Gonzo
12.16.2011 , 11:32 AM | #1
Running game through Bootcamp: Log in / game loader I get Error: Error 7 Incompatible System.

Im running Win7 Through bootcamp with OS X Lion with all the updates. Everything else I have run though bootcamp runs just great. But I keep getting an Error 7 stating I have incompatible hardware. How can this be or is there anyway around this issue. Below is what I am running on my macbook pro. Has anyone else encountered this issues?

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.41f2

gios
12.16.2011 , 11:35 AM | #2
Update your Vid drivers for either your nvidia or ati card.
Go the the manufacturer's site and download for you correct chipset.

I'm playing fine. Just kinda choppy with low settings.

Macbook pro. i5 w/ Nvidia GT 330m mobile GPU.

oMGitsree
12.16.2011 , 11:49 AM | #3
I own an 8-core Mac Pro Desktop. I have not upgraded to Lion. I have the basic Nvidia 8600 card and I have not had any problems whatsoever. When you are in bootcamp make sure all of windows is upgraded and that you have downloaded all the service packs or running the game will not happen. I spent quite a bit of time Dling all the updates(It had been a year since I did so, so you can imagine how much fun that was).

One of the other things I did was partition one of my 4 Hard drives to be Windows only.

Otherwise all I can say is that I would check the specs of your laptop on see if it is compatible. One of the main reasons my husband isn't playing on his Macbook is he just doesn't have the resources.

Darth-Gonzo
12.16.2011 , 12:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by gios View Post
Update your Vid drivers for either your nvidia or ati card.
Go the the manufacturer's site and download for you correct chipset.

I'm playing fine. Just kinda choppy with low settings.

Macbook pro. i5 w/ Nvidia GT 330m mobile GPU.
This worked!! Thank you, I had a fresh install and thought all the drivers were good. Only thing is the color when you are looking at the character straight up is out of whack. When you turn him sideways, its show correct color, weird. I wonder if that is an issue with my computer or a bug.

MiNombreEllis
12.28.2011 , 02:45 AM | #5
So, I am having the same problem. I also have a MacBookPro and it gave me the same error message. What is it you had to do to get it to work?

MarkSimunic
12.28.2011 , 02:52 AM | #6
go to www.nvidia.com and download drivers for your graphic card.
I presume you have nvidia 320m so download the driver for Geforce 300M series (Notebook). do not download the normal driver, it has to be the Notebook version!

Cerimon
01.02.2012 , 11:38 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please be advised that running the game via Boot Camp is not a supported configuration.
This unofficial Boot Camp thread may be of use to you though: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=11234

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support