Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installation Nightmares

Nakamaka
01.02.2012 , 11:00 PM | #1
I've been trying to get off the ground with this whole installation process for about 6 hours.

I first put the discs in DVD drive, as I would any other game for the first time, and nothing happened. I tried executing the setup.exe file manually and I did not get any response either. I figured it might be a problem with my computer, so I put another disc in my DVD drive and it works fine, it autoruns correctly prompting an installation.

Is there any reason why SWTOR will not work at all via disc installation? Not even a launcher or a "welcome to SWTOR" would you like to install"?

I then tried to download the game through the game client and that has been another headache with the update errors I've been reading on the forums all night.

I rarely post on forums...I guess I'm kind of desperate to get this thing working seeing as I've spent 90 dollars on a video game that won't even install. Anybody know how I can get this bad boy to work?

Thanks.

Nakamaka
01.02.2012 , 11:11 PM | #2
bump..

sabdizzle
01.02.2012 , 11:17 PM | #3
Use the launcher to download the files off their servers. But whatever you do... Make sure you BACKUP the files as they complete their downloading.

Open the foldiers while its downloading and you'll see files listed as partials and they'll become .z01...z04... etc when they complete. While its downloading make sure you back up those files somewhere else. It'll save you a lot of headache. I've been getting good files off the launcher since they "fixed" their stuff apparently but the patching process is still sketchy and you don't want to have to go and download 12gigs again when you can copy your perfectly good files saved away and save yourself hours of suffering(unless you're a maso, then go ahead). You'll have to backup the final zip files while its loading the files but its worth it. Although they're only like .5gigs. So its not real pain if you don't.

----Make sure you back up those 1.6gig files----

You can also go and verify the files using checksums but i haven't seen BW list their checksums for their files. Microsoft and Dell do it. Just not these trolls.

Nakamaka
01.02.2012 , 11:24 PM | #4
Thanks for the response. I'll give what you said a shot. If anything it'll just stop me from redownloading the same crap over and over.

sabdizzle
01.02.2012 , 11:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nakamaka View Post
Thanks for the response. I'll give what you said a shot. If anything it'll just stop me from redownloading the same crap over and over.
Yes, the fact that this launcher decimates good files in its extrating process just to save a wopping 15gigs of HD space is some of the most ignorant **** i've ever seen a developer do. Wooo not 15gigs! What is this 1995? Just say youre game needs 45gigs of HD space to ensure a speedy installation process and save us the trouble.

Anyways if you're still having problems i'll try to help. I was having the same issues as you last weekend and someone helped us all out tremendously, but his methods have been censured by the CS department here. Even more ignorant and indignant ****.