Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Out of Range" Message

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MCAwesomeFace
01.02.2012 , 11:22 PM | #1
Hey everybody!
Whenever I launch the game a blue box appears in the middle with yellow letters saying "Out of Range." I can still play the game just fine but this box makes it a little bit difficult for things like space battles and reading things in the middle of the map. Any insights or advice on what I should do to remove this?
Thanks a ton!

I'm running Windows Vista if that helps at all.

Kindajenin
01.02.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MCAwesomeFace,

If you have changed your full screen settings to a display type that is not supported by your monitor you will receive the “input signal out of range” error.

When you load up your game and the message is displayed please press hold the “ALT” key and press the “ENTER” key. Doing this will change the client from full screen to windowed mode, returning your computer to its normal Windows Desktop resolution settings. This should allow you to then go in game and change the settings that were altered originally to cause the issue.

If this does not solve your issue, please feedback the result in this thread and we will investigate further for you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Slurmez
01.02.2012 , 11:27 PM | #3
sounds like your game resolution is exceeding your monitors abilities, check what resolution you have set on your desktop while out of the game and make sure SWTOR is set for the same