Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

please dont put these in.. just dont..


Kelticfury's Avatar


Kelticfury
01.02.2012 , 10:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinely View Post
That's okay because if Bioware decides to leave the UI as is, there won't be an endgame here for very long either.
Derp

Its star wars, its not going anywhere for a long time.

UI should be customizable, I hate that I can't move things around to my liking.

Dmg meters... if they are personal I am fine with that, but I am not going to kow tow to some raid fanatic because my dps may be 1% to low for his satisfaction.

Healbot... no need. I can heal just fine without one.

And yeah this isn't wow, I do heals AND dps. And if my dps isn't good enough for you, guess who isn't getting any heals.

I am against anything that allows some git to think he has the right to talk down on anyone for performance. there is no auto attack in this game, if you can't spot someone slacking off just by looking at them, then YOU are the one who is deficient.

Rawrie's Avatar


Rawrie
01.02.2012 , 10:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
I am against anything that allows some git to think he has the right to talk down on anyone for performance. there is no auto attack in this game, if you can't spot someone slacking off just by looking at them, then YOU are the one who is deficient.
You should play singleplayer games then. And if raid fanatic would tell you,that you slacked during the fight by clicking your abilitys with a mouse, he'd be right.

Kalorna's Avatar


Kalorna
01.02.2012 , 10:55 PM | #23
As a healer I find a lack of mouseover macros/support pretty horrible. I've played a healer in WoW for about 5 years now and while I love the healing style in ToR at the moment I think the interface could use a bit of love. It just feels quite clunky having to put my mouse over the player, click the player I want to heal while losing my current target, then cast the heal - with mouseover macros you can target whoever you want but the heal goes on the person your mouse is hovering OVER as opposed to targeting. Its only really a small difference but it saves a mouseclick and feels a lot smoother.

I've had no real issues with the UI/Keybinding but I do worry that the OP only has 20 binds at level 50. I'm level 23 and already have a fair few more than that and have abilities yet to learn! - I run a razor naga mouse and have plenty of binds/space for binds. I'd love some customisation at a future date as I don't really like the position of some of the bars etc. It's not really an issue for now though.

As for other addon related things - I'm only low level at the moment so haven't really seen a need for a DPS meter/Recount style thing but I feel the lack of a viewable combat log is going to be a real issue in the harder operation modes. If the difficulty level is hard enough for it to matter that people swap targets/maximise their rotations/don't afk in fire etc some form of log parasing is going to be a great aid in ensuring everyone is pulling their weight and working out where things are going wrong.

Rawrie's Avatar


Rawrie
01.02.2012 , 10:59 PM | #24
I dont understand one thing: How can addons ruin the game? How?! I think addons make the game more friendly to players.

If you dont want to ppl say that you suck in dps/heal and other stuff, then i dont know. You just admit that you suck by sayng this

Kelticfury's Avatar


Kelticfury
01.02.2012 , 11:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawrie View Post
You should play singleplayer games then. And if raid fanatic would tell you,that you slacked during the fight by clicking your abilitys with a mouse, he'd be right.
You assume I click with my mouse because I think that the people who use dps meters to stroke their epeen are gits? Thats a huge leap of non logic.

And like I said, this isn't wow, most of the dps classes heal as well, so again, what are you gonna do, kick your healer for not dpsing enough? Don't think you can classify me or my playstyle because I dislike internet dilholes that think a number makes them better than someone else.

Kelticfury's Avatar


Kelticfury
01.02.2012 , 11:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
As a healer I find a lack of mouseover macros/support pretty horrible. I've played a healer in WoW for about 5 years now and while I love the healing style in ToR at the moment I think the interface could use a bit of love. It just feels quite clunky having to put my mouse over the player, click the player I want to heal while losing my current target, then cast the heal - with mouseover macros you can target whoever you want but the heal goes on the person your mouse is hovering OVER as opposed to targeting. Its only really a small difference but it saves a mouseclick and feels a lot smoother.
Target of target and secondary target would be really really nice. as it is, this focus target thing you can turn on in preferences doesn't seem to work at all, or I am just not figuring out how to use it properly. In fact its more of a hindrance than anything as it just forces me to click more often to select the target I actually want.

Rawrie's Avatar


Rawrie
01.02.2012 , 11:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
You assume I click with my mouse because I think that the people who use dps meters to stroke their epeen are gits? Thats a huge leap of non logic.

And like I said, this isn't wow, most of the dps classes heal as well, so again, what are you gonna do, kick your healer for not dpsing enough? Don't think you can classify me or my playstyle because I dislike internet dilholes that think a number makes them better than someone else.
it actually makes them better in the game, not in life. I dont say that YOU are exactly click with your mouse. And not because ppl use dps meters but because you are bad( not you exactly). If it isnt wow it made because of wow and it took A LOT from wow. Nohting to shame for devs. Addons was a good part of WOW and made it challenging. And multiplayer game are all about challenge.

Kelticfury's Avatar


Kelticfury
01.02.2012 , 11:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawrie View Post
it actually makes them better in the game, not in life. I dont say that YOU are exactly click with your mouse. And not because ppl use dps meters but because you are bad( not you exactly). If it isnt wow it made because of wow and it took A LOT from wow. Nohting to shame for devs. Addons was a good part of WOW and made it challenging. And multiplayer game are all about challenge.
I don't oppose a personal dps meter, I just don't think there should be one that links or reports to anyone else. Striving to perfect your own performance is nothing but a good thing.

Torn's Avatar


Torn
01.02.2012 , 11:54 PM | #29
Why would you be against add-ons? It does not make sense - it takes tons of pressure off the devs because they cannot cater to everyone - someone else can develop what they want to.

I do not understand your point...so add-ons give people an advantage? I dont think so.....you just dont want people to know you are bad....MMOs are so easy yet some people are stupid and I hate getting those people ...so what...I like my UI different because its what works with my brain....so what...how I like my UI and map etc. shouldnt affect you at ALL
" I see your is as big as mine "

Phadian_gess's Avatar


Phadian_gess
01.03.2012 , 12:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Erolina View Post
Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...
who is active the most during a fight
who is taking the most damage and from what
who is healing the most
the abilities people are using and how often
etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will
you seem to forget this game was not based on endgame but story...and dps is not that hard

you can tell someone is doing it wrong if they aren't attacking
Haters, They gonna hate
www.Youtube.com/user/zanove
^---my youtube channel for covers and music