Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking concern with DPS/Tank capable classes speced for DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Tanking concern with DPS/Tank capable classes speced for DPS

drgnmstr_
01.01.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1
So I've had this issue for a bit and it's really bothering me a lot. I tell groups I join that I'm a tank and I'm tank speced yet time and time again DPS pulls and treats things like they are running around with their companion. It's not so much the pure DPS or the DPS /healer advanced classes. My problem is with the ones that are Tank/DPS advanced classes.

These players just stay in there threat building stance/mode/tactic, place their guard ability on people and cause me no end of trouble. Most of the time it's someone of that class that is speced DPS and guarding others, staying in tank stance and not letting me tank. I'm wondering if I'm just that bad as a tank or if these people are bad at understanding their class.

Anyone else run into this situation? If so, how did you deal with it? Is it because I'm a Jedi Shadow tank and people are still under the impression that only people in heavy armor can tank?

Fende
01.02.2012 , 09:22 PM | #2
People are stupid. Ask them if they're specced tank. If they aren't then tell them to either dps right or leave. DPS are replaceable. If they ARE specced tank, ask whoever invited you why they invited two tanks, or tell them to stop mis-representing themselves.