Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please dont put these in.. just dont..

Aggathor
01.02.2012 , 08:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
Absolutely amazes me that some people are against ui customization, wow... just wow. Stop being bad and let people who want to use addons use addons.
If people start using addons, then everyone will need addons in order to balance out the game. Just because it makes it easier for you just makes YOU bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Erolina View Post
Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...
who is active the most during a fight
who is taking the most damage and from what
who is healing the most
the abilities people are using and how often
etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will
Some advice, achieve goals in life, play games for fun. You will feel much better.

Kicking someone from the group because they have more of a life than you, or may have less IQ doesn't mean you have the right to punish them. Get over yourself narcissist.

Erolina
01.02.2012 , 08:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aggathor View Post
Some advice, achieve goals in life, play games for fun. You will feel much better.

Kicking someone from the group because they have more of a life than you, or may have less IQ doesn't mean you have the right to punish them. Get over yourself narcissist.
Quite comical.

If you are continually whiping on a boss fight and you notice your bottom dps is doing 30 percent less damage than your other dps and constantly taking damage from things he shouldnt be, you are supposed to say it is fine we will just continue to whipe just for fun.

They should find people that are more like them and not try and join a progression endgame guild then...

Nothing Narcissist about it. I play the game to have fun and fun for me is completing all the content.

Whiping consistently and not being able to tell why and who is not doing their job isnt...
Just try and keep up...

Dyanmo
01.02.2012 , 08:49 PM | #13
a dps meter would be handy to know and improve your own usage of skills

and while it is handy to check your groups dps / activity I don't find it something that is Required.

Pinely
01.02.2012 , 08:56 PM | #14
If people start using addons, then everyone will need addons in order to balance out the game. Just because it makes it easier for you just makes YOU bad.

Right, because wiping repeatedly on bosses because someone is doing half the dps of the tank is super fun. And watching your buff bars for reactive abilities is super difficult and totally not just tedious.

I'm beginning to suspect that the people in opposition to addons and UI customization haven't played an MMO at endgame since 2004. That's okay because if Bioware decides to leave the UI as is, there won't be an endgame here for very long either.

Draconax
01.02.2012 , 09:08 PM | #15
There should be no argument against UI mods. People like to customize their UI the way they want, and it has no affect on anyone or anything other than the person using it.
As for damage meters, I can honestly say that they are the only thing that made the ezmode dungeons of WoW at all enjoyable, since the only challenge came from beating my own previous numbers, and competing against the players of my group. I'm all for having no "announce feature", I don't give a **** about epeen stroking, but I do care about approving my performance as a player.

deneeve
01.02.2012 , 09:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
Absolutely amazes me that some people are against ui customization, wow... just wow. Stop being bad and let people who want to use addons use addons.
This.

ToR's UI is so terrible it's not even funny. I mean come on....Rift didn't have addons at launch either and its base UI is 1000x better than ToR's. There is really no excuse.

Akella
01.02.2012 , 09:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by deneeve View Post
This.

ToR's UI is so terrible it's not even funny. I mean come on....Rift didn't have addons at launch either and its base UI is 1000x better than ToR's. There is really no excuse.
Agree 100%. And a combat log to see what's hitting what for how much would be helpful.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sythrasz
01.02.2012 , 10:03 PM | #18

This is so hilarious. You heard it here first people, the better you are at life the worse you are at games! More news at 11. Also, improving on the shortcomings of the game makes you bad apparently.

malevs
01.02.2012 , 10:28 PM | #19
Dps meters allow for min / maxing and rotation tweaking. It adds depth to character development for people who want that.

Its useful for a guild pushing top tier content.

If you don't like it, don't use it.

Malirn
01.02.2012 , 10:41 PM | #20
I agree with everything the OP said... learn to play the real way like a true player or leave... wow will welcome you back and we wont miss you much at all!!

You want add-on? Oh well wow has them just so people can either:
1) Keep up with true players
2) Keep people playing because they know they can't keep players without it

If you need add-ons to enjoy a game your only just enjoying the add-ons, the game is just there as a background then.

If you can play without add-ons like so many of us... I welcome you to a Great Game and wish you enjoy your adventure in space!!

PS: I 1 UP this thread and I'm GLAD to say I'm against add-ons!
"Join the dark side.... we have cookies"
"What kind of cookies?"
"Epic cookies!!"