Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

200% Damage increase.

Verdelett
01.02.2012 , 06:03 PM | #41
I'm a juggernaut tank with about 15.7k hp unbuffed 25% defense, 40% shield, and 25% absorb. I have cleared Battle for Illum, False Emperor, Boarding Party, BT, Directive 7 all on hardmode.

I use my cooldowns according to enrages and abilities. The thing that makes these instances possible is the wise use of cooldowns and coordination within the group.

Yes, these instances are badly tuned
Yes, they are very unforgiving
but no they are not impossible, in fact their difficulty gives many people a sense of accomplishment (something the raids do not).

zolthie
01.02.2012 , 06:10 PM | #42
If you hit enrage timer you should find new dps.

Canarith
01.02.2012 , 07:09 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Verdelett View Post
I'm a juggernaut tank with about 15.7k hp unbuffed 25% defense, 40% shield, and 25% absorb. I have cleared Battle for Illum, False Emperor, Boarding Party, BT, Directive 7 all on hardmode.

I use my cooldowns according to enrages and abilities. The thing that makes these instances possible is the wise use of cooldowns and coordination within the group.

Yes, these instances are badly tuned
Yes, they are very unforgiving
but no they are not impossible, in fact their difficulty gives many people a sense of accomplishment (something the raids do not).
I beg to differ. While the enrage timers may be a bit rough, that is what makes them challenging. I have no problem with somewhat short enrage timers. They are not undoable if my group can finish a hard mode instance with still most blue gear and some purple armorings from Ilum.

Ashnazg
01.02.2012 , 08:32 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
You did a hardmode with a companion and no tanks?
Yeah, we're all geared in all champ pvp gear though, including my companion.

With no tank, only the first robot presents a challenge (he shoots through walls now). The 2nd boss is easily kitable, especially if you have sorcs to grip people out of the way.

The third optional boss can be Dotted and LoSed and killed even through enrage.

Yadira hits like a wet noodle, and can be tanked by even ungeared people.

In some ways, the instance is much easier with all dps and no tanks or healers, you never hit enrage timers that way.

Blarginater
01.02.2012 , 08:56 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
Yeah, we're all geared in all champ pvp gear though, including my companion.

With no tank, only the first robot presents a challenge (he shoots through walls now). The 2nd boss is easily kitable, especially if you have sorcs to grip people out of the way.

The third optional boss can be Dotted and LoSed and killed even through enrage.

Yadira hits like a wet noodle, and can be tanked by even ungeared people.

In some ways, the instance is much easier with all dps and no tanks or healers, you never hit enrage timers that way.
Yea, calling BS.

Go troll somewhere else.

Ashnazg
01.02.2012 , 09:01 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Blarginater View Post
Yea, calling BS.

Go troll somewhere else.
Call all you want, when you get to 50 and try some of the HMs, you'll see how easy they are

Dvius
01.02.2012 , 09:28 PM | #47
I'll record it next time we do it. Honestly in BT, the hardest pull is the first one with the elite guard and strong guards. I died like a noob because I hit my pot late, but the heroics aren't that hard.

deanyo
01.02.2012 , 10:45 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Blarginater View Post
Yea, calling BS.

Go troll somewhere else.
All hardmode bosses are doable without a tank for example my group has always consisted of a 3 dps and healer ( merc,marauder,operative,inquis) 80% of the time merc tanking though. Video here of our Revan hardmode kill for example(dont click if you dont want to ruin the fight for yourself ofcourse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzTRY5X8bJ8 i'm not the one who recorded it though i play the merc which i have 19.5k hp buffed in full pve dps gear.

But yeah the hardmodes are abit of a joke that they can be achieved with setups like this but its possible easy, we also have done more than enough bosses with my companion mako offhealing with 1 healer + 2dps, shame the hardmodes aren't actually that challenging.
david peto touches me