Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

Ellakkrin
01.02.2012 , 08:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by astronaute View Post
So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/39...ightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer
Gear in this game doesn't mean a fat lot. I have seen level 50s in green gear win warzones easily, just because they know how to play, have a niche spec which works and are talking down vent.

Being in almost full epics already, I would go as far to say that PvE gear is trash outside of PvE, and that with PvP gear you are able to be viable in PvE.

BaronOfWar
01.02.2012 , 08:28 PM | #12
*golf clap*
--Baron (or some similar spelling)

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Saetet
01.02.2012 , 08:30 PM | #13
Oh damn, I was going to /golfclap... -.- ok...

Hands a cookie and a pat on the head...

There.

Whiskra
01.02.2012 , 08:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LDSkinny View Post
Oh please, WoW learned its lesson with bosses getting killed too quickly after release, so they just did the sensible thing and made them mathematically impossible to beat. They wait 2-3 months and patch the game, nerfing the encounter to actually be beatable, world first kill comes within a few hours of the patch.
The reason LK took so long was because of limited attempts per week. Adding 5% extra damage, healing and health to the players pretty much just made the encounter a bit easier to execute for the top players who pretty much had the encounter in the bag by that time.

Kleinone
01.02.2012 , 08:34 PM | #15
I don't think the game was designed for people who play 18 hours a day everyday. It was designed to appeal to the bulk of gamers, who might play 18 hours a week if they are lucky. For this group, the majority, the devs primary customers, content is probably fine for a few months, until they start to implement new content.

lunabaguna
01.02.2012 , 08:34 PM | #16
All of wows endgame content was finished a week after its launch. Mostly because wow didn't have an endgame at launch. Ony was broken and mc didn't come til 3 months post release.
Wow was copying Mario Brothers in every respect.
-A world (or many worlds)
-the color red in game
-you have to buy it

SamHD
01.02.2012 , 08:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cdstephen View Post
Wasn't this done to every single raid in WotLK, where the raid was completed at hardest difficulty within a month? (I can't comment on other xpacks because I joined and quit in WotLK)
Wotlk Wasn't a completely New Mmo where people had to Learn classes and bosses.

Mormack
01.02.2012 , 08:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SamHD View Post
Wotlk Wasn't a completely New Mmo where people had to Learn classes and bosses.

Wrath also wasn't a new MMO trying to capture people who haven't played MMOs before (It just happened that way and that's why Normal modes were so easy)

SW is trying to capture new people. its good that the first tier isn't overbearing. new people would get discouraged. The Vets can handle an easier tier (look at Dragon Soul) but the new people won't stick around if they can't raid. Early Cata is an example of that.

Huhn
01.02.2012 , 08:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellakkrin View Post
Gear in this game doesn't mean a fat lot. I have seen level 50s in green gear win warzones easily, just because they know how to play, have a niche spec which works and are talking down vent.

Skill and teamwork is overpowered.

Sinvx
01.02.2012 , 08:49 PM | #20
These guys are a world top progression guild. When everyone and their mothers starts downing Soa in Nightmare, then you can be worried.
Octavia Minor
Terribad PvPer
<I Like Big Hutts>