Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill for Smuggler

Lytke
12.13.2011 , 07:23 PM | #1
Hey there,

So if you are playing smuggler what crew skill and why you will take it?

i am thinking about the Bioanalysis Biochem and Underworld Trading so what do you guys think about this combination.

Griswel
12.13.2011 , 07:54 PM | #2
I looks like the optimal combo is Biotech-Biochem-Diplomacy. UWT is fine, but many of the components you'll need come from Diplomacy, a dozen out of the forty-two you'll need (there are also two raid-drop items).

You can buy them, of course, and they're not part of the recommended grind to 400 from the excellent SWOTOR Crafting Guide.xlsx, but if 12/42 items used in the craft are from Diplomacy, I'd have to recommend it, and that's what I plan to take fwiw.
Original 100 SWG Beta Tester

iGypsy
12.13.2011 , 08:05 PM | #3
You need diplomacy for advanced biochem mats.

I kind of wanted to go slicing/underworld/investigation (no crafting)

However, I'm not sure if its going to be worthwhile to pass up the benefits of having a crafting profession (they all have innate benefits that it seems you won't get if you just take mission/gathering skills)

SoloWookie
12.13.2011 , 08:11 PM | #4
I have studied this out quite a bit. Your best options are Cybertech or Armortech both with a gathering skill of scavenging and mission skill underworld.

Lytke
12.13.2011 , 08:42 PM | #5
well i am either gonna go Biotech/bioanylsis/diplomacy make stims/med packs/implants

or Cybertech:Because Smuggler main trait is cunning and Cyer tech can make mods for that.

Slicing:Your a smuggler

Underworld treading: Your a smuggler and you get rareidems with this.

SoloWookie
12.13.2011 , 09:03 PM | #6
If a person takes slicing instead of underworld then your crafting components, some of them, will have to be purchased you will not be able to provide them on your own.