Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions: Crap or Cool?

KoranHorn
01.02.2012 , 01:49 PM | #21
I would LOVE to enjoy the space combat missions, however, there is no option to INVERT the Y AXIS. I cant play without it inverted. Additionally, planes IRL are "inverted" forward is down, back is up.

Krafen
01.02.2012 , 02:20 PM | #22
Initially, I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy them. There is something satisfying about blowing the components off of capital ships. Unfortunately, as each mission is exactly the same every time, they move toward repetitive and boring over time. Additionally, it is disappointing when a newly unlocked mission is simply a slightly harder version of a previous mission.

The xp and credits from the dailies aren't bad, but I find my interest in space missions fading.

JLHoath
01.02.2012 , 02:24 PM | #23
Like many, I thought I'd dislike it because it's simplistic, but having tried it I've found it fun. Sure, it's simple. But the visuals are nice, and it keeps you busy throughout. Naturally, I dream of a union of this game with Xwing-TIE, the wonderful game that Lucasarts seems to have shunned, but for now I'll make do with this.

Wizard_CaT
01.02.2012 , 03:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KoranHorn View Post
I would LOVE to enjoy the space combat missions, however, there is no option to INVERT the Y AXIS. I cant play without it inverted. Additionally, planes IRL are "inverted" forward is down, back is up.
Funny, I normally go with inverted flying too, but since it's just mouse controlled, I didn't have any issue with it.

I find the missions a fun diversion. However I am at the point where I found the exact same quest but now the ships have shields so it's harder. So... yea. Additionally the space missions would have been a great place to kill time while you are in a LFG tool, except there is none :P

KurganNazzir
01.02.2012 , 03:30 PM | #25
I love them, though I have issue doing them on the Republic side because I keep trying to shoot Republic ships.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

BarkForSoul
01.02.2012 , 03:33 PM | #26
I thought they were cool when I got my ship - now I'm almost 30 and I've done the same 5 missions over and over and over and over......get it?

I do like it though, it's a cool thing for an MMO to have. I like upgrading my Ship, I wish they had leaderboards or something - it would add something to each server if you had leaderboards, it would break up the snooze from just doing them because you need the daily reward you know?

Also ship mods would be cool, add a few color options, wing, fin, body customization so that not every ship is the same.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Playing on : Nadd's Sarcophagus (Ceylon - Sentinel) (Munroe - Scoundrel) (Min'aj - Sith Sorc)

Absolvus
01.02.2012 , 03:54 PM | #27
I'm 50 on my main and find myself still doing dailies on my main *and* on alt too. Don't know really why, they are quite simple and all but for some reason I find them fun and suitable short.

They do need some fleshing out eventually since they don't really offer long term appeal I think. But for now I still seem to enjoy doing them. The short duration I think is the key, I can fit one or two missions between some rl related stuff.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Absolvus
01.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BarkForSoul View Post
I do like it though, it's a cool thing for an MMO to have. I like upgrading my Ship, I wish they had leaderboards or something - it would add something to each server if you had leaderboards, it would break up the snooze from just doing them because you need the daily reward you know?
You know what? That's great idea, scoreboard for each server and each mission or something like that would be really nice addition.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Krijgsheer
01.02.2012 , 03:58 PM | #29
I like it, simple arcade game with really nice xp. I find it rather enjoyable
Lieutenant J. Xorius, Vanguard
Strike team's 2nd commanding officer of <The Kavar Academy>

SmilesLikeJoker
01.02.2012 , 06:20 PM | #30
I was hoping for the same as SWG so I was already disappointed before I tried them.

I would have to say it's a good break from the ground. For those ground pounders out there that are getting burnt out, do the daily missions. Seriously... It's something totally different.

My only gripe is loot. There doesn't seem to be the chance of ANY random loot for completing the missions. The comms flux based on whether you complete the bonuses. I don't understand why they couldn't add a percentage for a chance of some type of loot to drop. It adds replayability. Hell....people run heroics for that small chance over and over and over. Tss tss Bioware....