Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

50 Flashpoints, impossible? or very hard?


Sneezilz's Avatar


Sneezilz
01.02.2012 , 04:09 PM | #1
So this is the 2nd time we've had to give up on a normal flashpoint.

yesterday we ran the false emperor and got stuck on malgus, basically he hits 29k hp, and starts channeling lightning, we knock him against the edge and he appears to hit a invisible wall for 1-2 minutes then we die. (the damage is not outhealable at this point)

so today we gave directive 7 a try,

not even a 50 flashpoint we went in with 4 50's and got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd boss, an artillery droid with unexplainable huge bursts against players not in melee, and random bursts taking players to 40-20% hp. while burning the tank.

So why are we failing this?

our setup was for both instances 1 healer 1 tank 2 dps.

we all wear 48-50 blue quality gear with 2-3 epic pvp pieces mixed in.

How did you succeed?

StraightG's Avatar


StraightG
01.02.2012 , 04:12 PM | #2
By actually thinking.

We just cleared 4/5 nightmare (jokemare) in a single night while wiping at most 4 times on a boss, I hope this game gets HARDER because right now its a joke because people like you can have trouble thinking about how mechanics work.

Darometh's Avatar


Darometh
01.02.2012 , 04:12 PM | #3
Bulwark will always wipe you if you dont stand at the right spots. Only if you stand right, his AoE wont hit anyone. And his second Attack, dont know the name anymore, has to be interrupted asap
Wer einen tötet ist ein Mörder.
Wer hunderte tötet ist ein Eroberer.
Wer tausende tötet ist ein König.
Wer alle tötet ist ein Gott.

Ashnazg's Avatar


Ashnazg
01.02.2012 , 04:15 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneezilz View Post
So this is the 2nd time we've had to give up on a normal flashpoint.

yesterday we ran the false emperor and got stuck on malgus, basically he hits 29k hp, and starts channeling lightning, we knock him against the edge and he appears to hit a invisible wall for 1-2 minutes then we die. (the damage is not outhealable at this point)

so today we gave directive 7 a try,

not even a 50 flashpoint we went in with 4 50's and got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd boss, an artillery droid with unexplainable huge bursts against players not in melee, and random bursts taking players to 40-20% hp. while burning the tank.

So why are we failing this?

our setup was for both instances 1 healer 1 tank 2 dps.

we all wear 48-50 blue quality gear with 2-3 epic pvp pieces mixed in.

How did you succeed?
Read tooltips. Malgus needs to get knocked back twice to count.

Shadowcatra's Avatar


Shadowcatra
01.02.2012 , 04:18 PM | #5
The normal mode Flashpoints are simple once you learn the mechanics. The hard modes are a bit harder in terms of dmg needed and gear requirements. Besides that all of the Flashpoints, besides some of the really buggy ones, are completely do able.

My group and I have completed all of them but Boarding Party and The Foundry because of the last bosses, but we will be trying them once we are better geared.

Nothing is impossible or overturned in the Flashpoints especially the normal modes.
Class- Juggernaut lvl 50 Server- Canderous Ordo Guild- Checkmate
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Trying to kill a level 50 Guardian/Juggernaught is like hitting a brick wall with a wet noodle.

KingpinDragon's Avatar


KingpinDragon
01.02.2012 , 04:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
By actually thinking.

We just cleared 4/5 nightmare (jokemare) in a single night while wiping at most 4 times on a boss, I hope this game gets HARDER because right now its a joke because people like you can have trouble thinking about how mechanics work.
Way to be rude, and not even remotely helpful.

Sneezilz's Avatar


Sneezilz
01.02.2012 , 04:28 PM | #7
about malgus, we knocked him against the edge 4-6 times before we died each try, he simply wouldnt drop in so we gave up after 4-8 attempts. guessing that he needed to be knocked somewhere else, but after all the wipes we didnt really feel like "trying" other stuff.

as a healer i dont get to read many tooltips as there is always something to heal, nobody is ever topped.

ive got alot of experience healing other mmo's and im fairly certain im pushing the max amount of hps the sorcerer has available. im just dumbfounded that we cant get through these

Holytoe's Avatar


Holytoe
01.02.2012 , 04:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowcatra View Post
The normal mode Flashpoints are simple once you learn the mechanics. The hard modes are a bit harder in terms of dmg needed and gear requirements. Besides that all of the Flashpoints, besides some of the really buggy ones, are completely do able.

My group and I have completed all of them but Boarding Party and The Foundry because of the last bosses, but we will be trying them once we are better geared.

Nothing is impossible or overturned in the Flashpoints especially the normal modes.
Not a lot of players understand group mechanics, but it can help you achieve objectives faster. Also, if you know how your friends always play you have an advantage since you can adjust and be more efficient as a group than a solo player can be with a pug.

So, as Shadowcatra implies... find some players to always group with.
Life is a delicate negotiation. cake is a lie and this is all a figment of your imagination. And the sith code about passion... interesting...

raelimar's Avatar


raelimar
01.02.2012 , 04:57 PM | #9
Directive 7 is easily the hardest flashpoint. Just keep working at it. The trick to Bulwark is to have your group standing next to the two panels on either side of him at all times. Also, when he does his green immunity bubble, you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) hit the switches immediately, at least on normal mode. He doesn't deal any damage during this phase, so it's a good time for your healer to top everybody off and recover their energy. Other than that, it's just a matter of avoiding AoE and staying in melee range.

zolthie's Avatar


zolthie
01.02.2012 , 05:04 PM | #10
Completed all on hardmode, not very hard.