Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars vs WH40K

turinorsini
01.02.2012 , 12:33 PM | #21
If the two universes did meet then you would have an interesting situation where by the sith would remain in the dark until they could expoit a weakness, the jedi would open with peace talks, until they are found to be force wielders where by the inquasition would take them as a type of phyker and put them on the black ships.
The sith would proably use this time to exploit the hunting of the jedi, and come to the inquasition with above mentioned technological advancements and the like, as an age of eternal conflict, destruction and killing in the name of an emperor is just to much for a sith to resist.
Next thing you know you will have a sith space marine chapter, and the argument of who would beat who will be a moot point as they will be one and the same.

ok lots of poetic licence used there but stranger things have happened.

Serris_Kell
01.02.2012 , 01:37 PM | #22
Here you go

There are many more discussions on the same topic on that forum.

jarjarloves
01.02.2012 , 01:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Serris_Kell View Post
Here you go

There are many more discussions on the same topic on that forum.
don't bring that trash in here. That site is the pinical of ultimate fanboyism. Those people are convicned that Star Wars is the ultimate in all technology and nothing is more powerful.

Not to mention their fanboism is rabid that they refuse to acknowledge evidence that is clearly in the star wars movies that contradicts the things they say. Such as stormtrooper armor, weapons, and of course Boba Fett being dead.

Archereon
01.02.2012 , 01:47 PM | #24
Well the Star Wars EU is such a mess that power levels are all over the place, and there's certainly some versions of SW canon that would beat 40k. Specifically I'm talking about the part of the EU where Starkiller and the Sun Crusher live.

jarjarloves
01.02.2012 , 02:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Archereon View Post
Well the Star Wars EU is such a mess that power levels are all over the place, and there's certainly some versions of SW canon that would beat 40k. Specifically I'm talking about the part of the EU where Starkiller and the Sun Crusher live.
yes and no. If you follow the rules of Star Wars cannon then the powerlevels have to conform with the movies. That gets rid of a lot of the really overpowered weapons.

So anything that does normalize Star Wars powers quite a bit. Starkiller is a tricky one because they tried to make him fit into the EU canon however he still breaks G-canon which makes it so he can't really exist.

Foxfirega
01.02.2012 , 02:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Archereon View Post
There are 20 guys in every Space Marine chapter that could wreck face with Starkiller in hand-to-hand combat, and pull off just as many cool tricks in the middle of a fight. And those aren't even the legendary Psykers.

Factor in that every Power Weapon (standard issue to Librarians and Inquisitors, and common enough on even seargents in the Guard) generates a field of raw, destructive power (sound familiar? It's like a lightsaber with a cruncy candy center), and in addition to just plain having raw mass that lightsabers lack, is likely being swung by a 7' tall genetic demigod that may or may not be using his psychic gifts (if he has them) to amplify himself to insane levels. And he's likely wearing armor that makes counter-attacks unlikely.

Each Librarian is also equipped with a device that does nothing but allows them to completely shut down anyone trying to use psychic powers in their vicinity, and they're personally 'iron will' personified. Factor in multiple redundant vital organs, and even some new ones (acidic blood, venomous spit - I'm dead serious, too, these are STANDARD Space Marine augmentations), and are trained specifically to fight not only physical threats but daemonic/psychic threats as routine...

These are people that are born, bred, armed, and trained to literally live in combat every single moment and devote their lives to it.

The Sun Crusher would only be an issue due to the superior sublight engines. However, it's one ship - the Imperium has thousands of ships on-par or vastly superior to the Death Star that are more then happy to go from planet to planet, unleashing orbital bombardments that make Taris look like a fireworks festival. Most Imperium ships are also designed to deal with far heavier ordinance then their Star Wars counterparts are - and by extension, they're used to having to put out more. While somewhat 'indestructible' in the SW universe, something like a conversion beamer (that does nothing but convert matter into raw energy upon impact - the tougher and more dense the material targeted, the bigger the energy release) would settle the matter Sun Crusher definatively.

And none of this is exactly 'uncommon' stuff.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

BaronVonSteel
01.02.2012 , 02:31 PM | #27
The Imperium is notoriously xenophobic, like the Empire x10000. I would imagine the Imperium would partner with the Empire to exterminate (not enslave) all alien species and then incorporate the Empire into the Imperium. Alien force users would be exterminated while human force users would be taken by the Black Ships to further server the true Emporer who sits on the Golden Throne.

Foxfirega
01.02.2012 , 02:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronVonSteel View Post
The Imperium is notoriously xenophobic, like the Empire x10000. I would imagine the Imperium would partner with the Empire to exterminate (not enslave) all alien species and then incorporate the Empire into the Imperium. Alien force users would be exterminated while human force users would be taken by the Black Ships to further server the true Emporer who sits on the Golden Throne.
Empire's still full of unsanctioned psykers.

Purge the heretic, purge the alien, purge the mutant!
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

BlackLotus
01.02.2012 , 02:40 PM | #29
You know sometimes brute force or sheer numbers doesn't always win you the fight. And for argument sake i'm encompasing all of SW including the EU, because frankly even if GL doesn't want to acknowledge half of what in it he still make money out of it.

I'm going to start in saying that i'm not that well versed in Warhammer 40k so take everything I say here with a grain of Salt.

while the FTL is clearly on the SW advantage here and that Warhammer have people they can send in without even making a dent in their numbers. SW have the Force,

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." - Obiwan Kenobi.

And I don't think Librairians would stand much chance against a Jedi, Dark Jedi or even a Sith since their powers have nothing to do with being psychic.

As we have seen the force will always keep the balance in the SW universe. Order 66 and with Luke redeeming his father are example of the balance.

So in the short W40K might seem to have the upper hand at first but SW will end up the victor in the long run sure the loss of life will catastrophic, the Force will prevail(unless they find a way to destroy it)

W40K vs SW, The Force wins because that what it wanted :P
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment

Rayla_Felana
01.02.2012 , 02:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
You know sometimes brute force or sheer numbers doesn't always win you the fight. And for argument sake i'm encompasing all of SW including the EU, because frankly even if GL doesn't want to acknowledge half of what in it he still make money out of it.

I'm going to start in saying that i'm not that well versed in Warhammer 40k so take everything I say here with a grain of Salt.

while the FTL is clearly on the SW advantage here and that Warhammer have people they can send in without even making a dent in their numbers. SW have the Force,

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." - Obiwan Kenobi.

And I don't think Librairians would stand much chance against a Jedi, Dark Jedi or even a Sith since their powers have nothing to do with being psychic.

As we have seen the force will always keep the balance in the SW universe. Order 66 and with Luke redeeming his father are example of the balance.

So in the short W40K might seem to have the upper hand at first but SW will end up the victor in the long run sure the loss of life will catastrophic, the Force will prevail(unless they find a way to destroy it)

W40K vs SW, The Force wins because that what it wanted :P
You assume the force is the only godly will in this battle, try the C'tan, Ruinous Powers(Chaos Gods) and the God Emperor himself, that's not counting the old ones, etc....they counter each other, so no, the force, does not win this fight.

Oh and the Average Jedi wouldn't stand a chance against a Librarian, not even close, Librarians can win whole wars by themselves, thats the sole reason the Imperium doesn't wipe them out for being Psykers.