Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher taking way too long.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patcher taking way too long.

KautinKandy
01.02.2012 , 08:23 AM | #1
I installed and got the patcher up with no problems, but i have been staring at the patcher upload " English Video 1" for a solid 12 hours and it still seems like there will be another file to upload after this. This is not normal what can i do to hasten this procedure? I have played multiple MMOs in the past and this is the slowest one i have encountered thus far. Checked the connection and i am running at a normal connection speed via DSL.

Thanks
Do what others wont today so you can do what others cant tomorrow-KK

Izarith
01.02.2012 , 08:34 AM | #2
I think it's normal for most people who install this game. I have been waiting for it to finish for 20 hours. I read a few people have been waiting up to 32 hours, for some people it only took 16. It's just a gigantic file, I don't think you can do anything to hasten it.

KautinKandy
01.02.2012 , 09:44 AM | #3
LOL, i jumped the gun, back to so 30kb/s

KautinKandy
01.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #4
I adjusted the router ports and still have no improvement with DL speed. This is unheard of. I refreshed cache, paused and resumed, exited patcher and started it back up, runned it as admin, checked my connection which is at 144mbps. Please any other solutions? Expecting someone to wait 30+ hours for a game to patch is a sure way to give a bad impression of how the came will be from this. This game is set to go under and fail and be ridiculed for its attempt to join the ranks of other MMORPGS.

Please respond mods.

KautinKandy
01.02.2012 , 11:57 AM | #5
I tried to uninstall and it said that the game does not exist, so therefore i had to delete it manually. Re-Installing now...*sigh

KautinKandy
01.02.2012 , 01:05 PM | #6
O the wonders of uninstalling and re installing a game

rickgorrie
09.24.2013 , 03:26 PM | #7
The patch has been loading for 6 hr on mine.....taking way long! Is there any secret to speed it up??