Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent actions against some customer accounts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recent actions against some customer accounts

engrey
01.02.2012 , 12:55 PM | #41
Glad to know BioWare will suspend or ban people who choose to go to a planet at a lower level to get chests that may contain credits.

Unless stated specifically in the ToS, collecting mass amounts of money is not against the rules. If you happen to trade that money for real life currency that is one thing, but collecting as much wealth as possible has never been against any MMO rule.

I have no issue with BioWare banning accounts of those that hack other players accounts or end up selling gold for real-life currency. Now if BioWare is suspending players for going to a world above their level just to open chests or farm them, how is that against a rule?

How about you fix your game before you start to ban players from it.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 12:57 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jordan_Hoffman View Post
What I love is how the people complaining are the ones who are doing something wrong. It is easy to see in children. When a child defends something profusely you can almost gurantee they are doing something they shouldnt. Just play the game. Farming credits all day for yourself is completely fine. It is a mechanic of the game. What is not a mechanic is exploiting the game to farm credits. That is what was happening. Metrics are very easy to use to show that. How is this confusing to anyone? They already said they have rescinded some of the suspensions/bans if they were in error. Calm down and have fun ingame.
So farming boxes/nodes over and over is exploiting? People were warned/suspended for sitting on nodes and looting them. If they want to do that they should be able to do so. There is no mechanic being abused.

P.S. A little helpful advise...Just because someone thinks something is wrong and expresses their POV doesn't make them a child. Often the one rushing to insult is the actual child.

DjVybz
01.02.2012 , 12:57 PM | #43
Thank you for stopping gold farmers and banning them.
This is really what this is about, credits are going for as much as $10 per 10,000 credits.

Goldfarmers are jumping on anything they can do to make alot of credits and this is a easy way to do so.

We are already seeming gold spammer and farmer ingame mails being put out.
If you are level 12 and in a level 50 zone you need to be removed from the game, you have no business being there

Aigik
01.02.2012 , 12:58 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
Glad to know BioWare will suspend or ban people who choose to go to a planet at a lower level to get chests that may contain credits.

Unless stated specifically in the ToS, collecting mass amounts of money is not against the rules. If you happen to trade that money for real life currency that is one thing, but collecting as much wealth as possible has never been against any MMO rule.

I have no issue with BioWare banning accounts of those that hack other players accounts or end up selling gold for real-life currency. Now if BioWare is suspending players for going to a world above their level just to open chests or farm them, how is that against a rule?
I agree. I haven't done this, but honestly, it sounds like fun. Sounds like an Indiana Jones-like thrill of getting the treasure in an area that is incredibly dangerous to your level. Shame to know that you can get in trouble for playing the game the way the developers designed it.

Bioware, if this sort of thing is something you really want to restrict, then you should just restrict travel to planets based on level altogether. I don't support this, but I'm just saying... if you let the player travel to the planet and loot what they want, and then they do so, how are they breaking any rules?

engrey
01.02.2012 , 12:59 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DjVybz View Post
This is really what this is about, credits are going for as much as $10 per 10,000 credits.

Goldfarmers are jumping on anything they can do to make alot of credits and this is a easy way to do so.

If you are level 12 and in a level 50 zone you need to be removed from the game, you have no business being there
BioWare should then level restrict every single planet to the range it says. Why would a level 50 want to go back to any low level planet? They have no business there. The argument is weak at best and goes against what BioWare has advertised as flying around the galaxy at will.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Aigik
01.02.2012 , 12:59 PM | #46

LOL, I can't believe we're debating on whether or not to turn swtor into a police state.

Jordan_Hoffman
01.02.2012 , 01:01 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
So farming boxes/nodes over and over is exploiting? People were warned/suspended for sitting on nodes and looting them. If they want to do that they should be able to do so. There is no mechanic being abused.

P.S. A little helpful advise...Just because someone thinks something is wrong and expresses their POV doesn't make them a child. Often the one rushing to insult is the actual child.
Exploiting the game with an alt on a high level planet isnt exploiting? You obviously came out ahead on this one and are just upset they took action against you. If you took it as an insult I am sorry. When you act like a child I will call you out.
Live life quick...

StephenReid
01.02.2012 , 01:01 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemrodh View Post
Think about what you are agree too. they are saying you cant stand in a area for long term and kill mobs, clearing it so you can loot a chest. I'm not sure how this breaks any rules. They have worked for it, they killed the mobs, the earned the chest. Its not a quest item or mob. they are not hurting anyone else.

If that is the case, when you get a quest to kill 50 mobs in a single area they by rights are allowing you to break the rules temporarily? SO if there are only 3 camps that spawn said mobs and you hang out there for pre-set period of time I should expect a suspension or ban?

If they don't want me on a planet at level 10, then level lock the planet. problem solved.

I don't see how a level 30 is going to clear a level 50 area. So if a level 50 agrees to help the 30 clear it and get loot, again, if that isn't allowed why have guilds or groups. You cant solo black talon at 10, so if you go in there with a group of people you still haven't earned that loot, you didn't solo it.

if you want people to solo content, maybe a MMO isn't such a good idea?
I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

Quote:
... they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.
The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.

Cypherproxy
01.02.2012 , 01:01 PM | #49

But not everyone is doing this. That's the case. And you can just say "everyone is doing this".. Your sterotyping them. I farm herbs with my companion while questing.. does that make me a botter then? Ofcourse not. Its the same as slicing for higher content areas. Either go and add a level cap on the chests that are being sliced... - have it so that the person can't enter the planet till level X. BUT DON'T blame the poor lad/lass for trying to make extra credits.

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.
Read above.. its not the person fault for making extra money. What unbalance would the person put at this level? We're all making a lot of credit via questing anway so your statement's quiet invalid. Furthermore banning the person just because YOU think its bad, is just poor planning. Read above on the suggestions I've given. If not I can list them one more time:
  1. Put a level requirement on the box/item
  2. Put a level requirement on the planet
  3. Sort your rules out
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

Jordan_Hoffman
01.02.2012 , 01:03 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Thank you, lol
Live life quick...