Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I unsubscribed, and here's why.

Sohtaraz
01.02.2012 , 02:16 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Eyesight View Post
Metacritic is the WORST REVIEW site ever. They give bad reviews on every good game.

Just to name a few
Starcraft 2 (Like a 93%)
Battlefield 3 (83-86ish%) We're talking about the game getting voted for best multiplayer, story, and graphics in 2011.
Battlefield 3's votes are mostly caused by console version being significantly worst then PC version.

Also I don't see a problem with Starcraft 2 having over 90% score on avarage. Its a fantastic game but its not genre innovative its just starcraft as it is.

And SWTORS 6.1 is pritty high considering how avarage it is in all its aspects unfortunately I would feel bad giving the game anything above "above avarage" and labeling thats mostly caused by me loving the story and its starwars.

EA customer support and the numerous badly implemented design choises are the driving force of this game if you start looking it critically. It's not all bad but as a launch review you can't ignore alot of the problems saying "it will be fixed later", unless theres a developer saying they are working on it and are looking at alternative solutions.

Jxspyder
01.02.2012 , 02:25 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by IMPERVIOUSCLAN View Post
thats the corporate sponsored critique...

it has a 6.1 user rating... ROFLROFLROFL
MW3 has a 3.0 user rating. BF3 has a 7.

User ratings tend to be useless as an objective critique of a game. Especially when someone can rate and review the game...without ever even playing it in the first place.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

Debiru
01.02.2012 , 03:55 AM | #323
I`m not close to my computer atm so i can play, witch suck..

i pre ordred, i set my sub to 5 months and will gladly pay it to play.

what ever ppl scream, SW TOR is a great game, i played WoW since open Beta, i was there in feb 2005, well the times i managed to log in atleast, wow falled flatt on its behind in wrath, since the i tried EVERY remotly new game that came out, i even tried to play AO again.

AoC War, LoTRo was super fail, paid for about 2 motnhs eatch on them, lvled minimum 2 chars to level cap, then quit and never looked back.

WoW has been out for 7 years, SW TOR is THE FIRST game in 7 years thats even remotly good, cood pedigree as whit EA and BW, the game is out and so many ppl love playing it.

so i give ea my money to develop new content the next 6 months for me to enjoy, and i am sure i will be there for many years to come, unless a dissaster strikes in IRL that prevents me from playing.

oh, lvl 43 at sith maruder, i only got supperficiual buggs, i.e chat bugs, usualy CTRL+U takes care of that or a restart, few crashes, after patch, i had 2..

Other than that, few crystals for artifice was unable to pick up, so so far, not buggy at all.
If i put a Troll in a box whit some poison and depleted uranium, is the troll dead or ailve?
(Dead, didn`t poke airholes in the box)

AlkalineKitten
01.02.2012 , 04:16 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
If I may, a few words about the underlined portion of your post. It's nothing major and is very opinionated.

When I got this game I wanted to roll Republic. I had my class picked out and everything (Smuggler/Sawbones), but when I got the game and hit up that character creation screen I did a rare "***" as I noticed how much better the Empire species looked as compared to offerings for the Republic. For instance, the cybernetics for the IA look far better than Rep Smug cybernetics.

The Devs should have known most people would have wanted to roll Empire, and they should have offered the Rep. more interesting Species with better looks in an attempt to offset that reality - Jawas and/or Wookies, for example. I usually play the so-called good guy factions, but Republic aesthetics in this game, imho, are extremely lackluster - tepid looks, to go along with tepid dialogue.

Many people believe that people play the Empire because they want to fulfill some fantasy of being a bad guy. Granted, but for every one of those types there is one who rolled Emp just because the species sucked less....

Bioware:

As a matter of fact, my biggest gripe with this game is its horrid character creation on both factions. The Emp is just the lesser of the two evils. WTB non square-jaw Human/Cyborg models please. Actually, I want to buy a species that isn't just a human in makeup, because that's how most of these species look. I like cyborgs, but c'mon guys, you know you could have done far better with that species on both sides of the aisle; cybernetic jaws and limbs, glowing eyes and whatnot would have been awesome. What do we get, a human model with sunglasses?

BW, this is no shallow disclaimer I love this game - I really do, but I have seen better character creation in f2p MMOs. Unlike any other game where I can create a character, this one has given me the hardest time with respect to creating a character that "clicks." Also why are body type 4 males fat, while type 4 females are phat? I know in this society bigger women are looked at with disgust, but that reality should not have manifested itself in this game. Yet another one of the million messages sent to bigger women that they are inferior, perhaps some big girl out there wanted to roll a toon in her likeness, but nope.... shot down on the character creation runway.

Either way, my wife plays Rep., but I just cant get down with that faction or its species. She is running around now, just dinged 30 and I am sitting off somewhere level 14 thinking about deleting my toon yet again just because the model is "meh."

But yeah... I believe the character models have a lot to do with the factions being imbalanced. It might not be the first or even the second cause, but it's up there.
The aesthetics do play a part, certainly. I myself was a die-hard Imperial, but couldn't click with the Operative. My friend loathed his Bounty Hunter.

It must be the aesthetics of the abilities, because I feel much more awesome as a same spec Smuggler, and my friend loves his Soldier. I also found I couldn't take any of the Imperial Force wielders seriously - their stories and attitudes were just too cartoonish for my evil sensibilities.

So I agree with you, there's a subconscious appeal to the factions that clicks with the audience.
A lesson is learned, but the damage is irreversible.

Greyfen
01.02.2012 , 04:18 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Rialth View Post
Cough...Opinion was the word you were looking for.
Well wait and see, it might yet come true

Mograth
01.02.2012 , 04:32 AM | #326
Getting your thread to survive:

1. Make a statement about what is wrong with the game
2. let the fan-kids rage at you and everyone else
3. sit back and enjoy the show, while your thread keeps floating and everyone can read it
I wish I could be a Jawa Bounty Hunter

LionRampant
01.02.2012 , 06:19 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Puff puff pass please. WoW's launch was horrendous and WoW no blows that it's losing a million+ subs world wide and counting.
Wanna know something else? It currently has 8-9 million more subs than this game ever will.

Warjhinn
01.02.2012 , 06:28 AM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibmyster View Post
WOW wwas worse on launch. Fail logic is fail.

I honestly thought the Bioware Social Forums were bad. This forum honestly takes the cake with absolute worst community ever.
Yeah, I agree.

I am starting to believe that most of these people were too young to have played WoW at launch, are stockholders/employees of Blizzard, or have never been in on a MMO game launch before.

This has been awesome for me. The biggest issue I have right now is the un-tapable nodes. I have a 5 year old computer and have only experienced fps issues/lag in PvP. oh well.. Guess I am one of the Happy "Lucky Ones".

DarkZenith
01.02.2012 , 06:30 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by LionRampant View Post
Wanna know something else? It currently has 8-9 million more subs than this game ever will.
Indeed, and yet it still sucks. But hey, everyone else is doing it, so you should too right? Great logic! Sheep mentality at its finest.

Shortwave
01.02.2012 , 06:39 AM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
Indeed, and yet it still sucks. But hey, everyone else is doing it, so you should too right? Great logic! Sheep mentality at its finest.
For them it's like this:

McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.