Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

200% Damage increase.

CriticalAtheist
01.02.2012 , 04:44 AM | #1
This buff is absurd and will result in my death as a tank on every single boss encounter.

My gear is pretty much all moddable with all the best commodation mods i could get, im at roughly 17k health

I cannot survive the 200% damage increase as most bosses start dealing upwards of 20k with each hit.

It needs to be nerfed to something more along the lines of 50 or 20% increase.
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

-Sovereign

Jigglypants
01.02.2012 , 04:53 AM | #2
It's called enrage, and the bosses gain this buff because you took too long to kill him.

Get your dps to perform better by upgrading their gear and actually figure out how to perform well with their dps-rotation.

CriticalAtheist
01.02.2012 , 04:57 AM | #3
40 seconds is too long?

It has nothing to do with the timer, it has to do with them reaching 25% (we checked on several bosses)

-Sovereign

Jigglypants
01.02.2012 , 05:01 AM | #4
Exactly which bosses are we talking about here?

I assume you are talking about hard mode flashpoints, but could you be more specific? Thing is we clear all of them, and I can't remember any boss have any 200% damage increase that isn't an enrage.

Iwipe
01.02.2012 , 05:02 AM | #5
NO, it is called enrage and has nothing to do with %. All hardmode bosses have enrage timer. If your DPS is not on par you will meet the enrage timer. It varies by the boss, some have 2 mintues enrage timer, others have longer/shorter

Silanah
01.02.2012 , 05:05 AM | #6
lol i remember my first boss encounter.

Tell your DPS to pick up their game its a timed enrange

Zormarius
01.02.2012 , 05:07 AM | #7
I've been running Hardmodes for the past few days and my group has hit the enrage timer on all of the bosses because our team wasn't quite geared for it yet. As a healer I can tell you it's not easy but it's entirely possible to heal through the enrage for most bosses. Perhaps a new strat?

Libertine
01.02.2012 , 05:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CriticalAtheist View Post
This buff is absurd and will result in my death as a tank on every single boss encounter.

My gear is pretty much all moddable with all the best commodation mods i could get, im at roughly 17k health

I cannot survive the 200% damage increase as most bosses start dealing upwards of 20k with each hit.

It needs to be nerfed to something more along the lines of 50 or 20% increase.
bollocks

its the enrage timer and just means that DPS is slacking ...
the enrage timers in this game are pretty tight so no room for slackers.

chamillion
01.02.2012 , 05:17 AM | #9
This thread made me lol hard for at least 40 seconds.

CriticalAtheist
01.02.2012 , 05:34 AM | #10
I was talking mainly about Black Talon and Hammer Station bosses, seeing as we've only done those.

If you claim that is infact a timed enrage, ill tell my group to step it up.

I might have been mistaken, but the enrage always seemed to occur at 25% flat.. probably just a coinsidence.

Thanks for the feedback

-Sovereign