Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions: Crap or Cool?

primate
01.02.2012 , 04:31 AM | #1
I was wondering, how everyone else feels about the Space Missions and the Space Combat.
do you like it, or do you think it is a piece of crap?

eddbutter
01.02.2012 , 04:37 AM | #2
space mission= my favorite bit of questing to do each day

Ghostee
01.02.2012 , 05:56 AM | #3
I think when you think about it they are crap but at the same time theres something about simplistic customization that i find addicting and love. Microcosm of an MMO I guess.
(██████████████████████Ξ█}}//////////////{{█Ξ██████████████████████)

Rhox
01.02.2012 , 06:09 AM | #4
At first I found them awesome and had lots of fun. But now, at around lvl 36, I started running into the exactly the same space combat missions with just a different name. I don't know if its just those 2 space missions or will more and more of them be complete copy/paste of them but doing the same mission twice is no fun any more.

darkonnis
01.02.2012 , 06:24 AM | #5
no i found that, i was never a huge fan of it. after playing freelancer, anything short of a full on roaming space experience just doesnt measure up. Copy paste missions seem to come up quite a lot and there seems to be no real point to doing it. the moneys crap, the xp is crap, the commendations give crap gear.... may aswell not bother unless you actually enjoy doing it.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

primate
01.02.2012 , 07:02 AM | #6
I find the XP quite rewarding at roughly 10k XP per mission.
But I must say, that I am craving real space battles, where I can play versus other players - very much like it was done in Xwing vs. Tie-Fighter, or Open Space Combat altogether.

TheKillerCF
01.02.2012 , 08:41 AM | #7
ill be honest, at first i thought i was going to hate space missions, i mean rails? come on, coming from X-Wing alliance that seems like a cop out. but to be honest, i find i am seriously enjoying all the missions. i am having an awesome time with space missions, keep up the good work!

though, if im being honest, i would like to see more free-roam stuff in the future.

HeawiNobal
01.02.2012 , 09:50 AM | #8
Id place them right in the middle of crap and cool. I prefer the normal missions and questing but the space missions break up some of that monotony.

So overall, Id say I like them.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

faetfiada
01.02.2012 , 09:54 AM | #9
I thought space combat meant PvP or at least something a little more in depth. Fairly disappointed that it's a mini-game instead.

SpirtikusTor
01.02.2012 , 09:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by primate View Post
I was wondering, how everyone else feels about the Space Missions and the Space Combat.
do you like it, or do you think it is a piece of crap?
I find them relaxing.

I mean its just a mini-game. All I can complain is about them not creating a free flight space combat system.

Who knows, maybe they will create something like that in the future.
- Jedi Sentinel Arpaad 'I trust in the Force to guide me.'