Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An example of how unpolished endgame is

Sparklehorse
01.02.2012 , 03:46 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
Hi, Charagon.

My preference is Bioware delayed the game for a month or so and ironed out these bugs. MMORPGs usually only get one shot to hook players in, and the first impressions of endgame are not hooking many people in.

Please keep in mind I'm in the crowd that is hooked in. I'm even paying for a three-month subscription card tomorrow. I'm just worried about the general population and the quality of what I'm paying for.

This is a good point. The endgame being unpolished is just the cherry on the top for a lot of players.
Don't worry so much about the general population. Bioware themselves say the majority of people are in their late 20's early 30's and will never see many of these bugs you mention.

Honestly, a couple un-named mobs and bosses that spawn in the wrong place is pretty damn good for polish on an end game 11 days after release. Our expectations might be a little high, especially those of us that rushed to 50.

Of much larger concern is the state of the interface. This impacts players from the very beginning, is universally panned for being terrible, and has much more influence on a persons general game impression than some trash they forgot to name and a boss that likes to spawn where a raid enters a room to a dungeon many of the players wont see for at least another month or two.
Stop exploding you cowards!

GeLopez
01.02.2012 , 03:55 AM | #22
These problems trickle down because it gives the game terrible word of mouth. That is what I'm saying. Please read at least the TL;DR part of my post.

Also, the endgame mobs are not the entire problem. They are only the tip of the iceberg. They represent the lack of serious testing endgame got.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Varghjerta
01.02.2012 , 03:59 AM | #23
I don't see what OP wan't with this

I can easily say that WoW in the start where bugged aswell for example the +height and on mobs didnt work so doing for example Gnomeregan, Sunken temple and BRD was for a long time not so much fun :P
And alot more things

Quaade
01.02.2012 , 04:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodae View Post
He speaks total truth but impatient is he ...

Dont forget bud. This operation is getting a major overhaul come patch 1.1 later this month =p
Major overhaul is another way of saying "We need to work on this thing for at least another month before it's something we feel we can present to the public."

GeLopez
01.02.2012 , 04:55 AM | #25
Why do people keep bringing up WOW and whatnot? Who cares? I don't think a lot of people would want to play a broken, buggy, unpolished game, even if it was WOW, today. That's all that matters. I don't care what other MMORPGs are like or how they have dealt with problems. I simply want the product I bought to be up to some pretty reasonable expectations. I don't think asking a game to consistently work is asking for too much.

Also, the excuse that they'll be updating Karagga's Palace in a month doesn't really work because even Eternity Vault is hugely broken. Once again I'd like to point out the third boss is broken. It literally does not work and gets stuck a majority of the time. Just to be clear, that is not an exaggeration; I mean that if players get eight "attempts" on the boss over four will have to be reset due to the boss getting stuck. Some guilds have reported having to reset the instance eight times in a row for it to work.

Plus, I even listed examples that don't involve raiding.

Indica
01.02.2012 , 05:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodae View Post
Dont forget bud. This operation is getting a major overhaul come patch 1.1 later this month =p
So space is getting a major overhaul, operations will get them as well and what else .... the game may actually be decent in a year.

GeLopez
01.02.2012 , 05:34 AM | #27
I just found out that the only reason people are struggling on hard-mode Soa, which is the last boss of Eternity Vault, is because during phase transitions he randomly kills people being thrown around and the lightning balls that have to be dodged throughout the fight randomly teleport around the room. Basically, the only thing that makes the boss difficult is bugs.

This is a pretty huge deal.

Cranberries
01.02.2012 , 05:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
My preference is Bioware delayed the game for a month or so and ironed out these bugs. MMORPGs usually only get one shot to hook players in, and the first impressions of endgame are not hooking many people in.
It would've taken half a year to fix this wreck they've launched with. Perhaps longer. They released it because it was Christmas, and at Christmas people are vulnerable to expensive **** that doesn't work. Endgame raiding is just so incomplete - there's no point discussing it or taking it seriously because of the amount of issues there are. It's pretty simple to understand this game misses out on fundamental, basic functions that are integral to good MMO gameplay.

Tharrn
01.02.2012 , 05:45 AM | #29
Thanks for beta testing the endgame for us people who are slower :P When I am 50 it'll hopefully be fixed.

Don't blame Bioware for a rushed launch, it's the big wigs at the green table who desperately wanted the christmas money to increase their bonus. Managers seem to only plan short term these days.

Edit: big wigs at EA that is.
(█████████████████████████████████╠╣███▢███╠)

zandadoum
01.02.2012 , 05:55 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by iResist View Post
All I saw was mention of things no other MMO has either at launch.

No MMO I know of had well tuned and polished end games, not even WoW *gasp*! Most MMO's launch with tons of problems with end game, sometimes they don't even have any end game.

Certainly the games got some issues, but what you are griping about for end game has NEVER been accomplished by any other MMO to date at launch.
UBRS in wow, 15man instance. got tuned down years later to 5man

but was perfectly polished endgame back then.