Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just my 2 cents on having to wait

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just my 2 cents on having to wait

Shankking
12.13.2011 , 07:35 PM | #1
I think it was pretty clear that we would enter the game in the early access in waves. Maybe everyone is upset because the open beta weekend was successful and hoped that we would all get in?

I have been reading these threads all day. I haven't seen this though... the open beta weekend was also done in daily waves wasn't it? The big difference is we all knew well in advance what day we would play. It would have been nice if that happened for early access as well. I think most people are upset because they are anxious to play but don't know when they will play (I know - stating the obvious).

Wasn't the open beta weekend staggered over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Something tells me that most of the pre-order customers will be in the game by December 15th. I don't know anything just speculating...

Icza
12.13.2011 , 07:41 PM | #2
That would calm some of the anxiety I think if we knew what day we were getting in. I think the issue is that Bioware doesn't even know that for sure. They said they're sending more waves of ega out ahead of schedule if things go smooth so I guess they are seeing how it goes and reacting accordingly. Still a better idea of when would help.

I have no clue what to expect personally. I pre-ordered in early October I think, so I'm expecting a few days in, it would be nice if I was in Friday as that's when I'll actually have time to play, I'm busy with school till then.
╠╦╦╦╦Crimson Legion╦╦╦╦╣
Guild SiteRecruitment
╚╩╩╣"We Are Legion"╠╩╩╝

Cybor
12.13.2011 , 07:43 PM | #3
Or if they let more than 4 waves in per day ..Look at the server pop atm its like nothing ther is no one on many of them are low and or standard pop atm.
. Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the Gun...

Icza
12.13.2011 , 08:06 PM | #4
ah true, I didn't look at the server stats till now. That's kinda weird, considering what time it is and people are pretty much home from work/school by now and ready to play if able. Maybe more people are playing than we think? and the rest will be in within the following few days. Meaning the waves are going better than planned.
╠╦╦╦╦Crimson Legion╦╦╦╦╣
Guild SiteRecruitment
╚╩╩╣"We Are Legion"╠╩╩╝

CBGB
12.13.2011 , 08:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Icza View Post
That would calm some of the anxiety I think if we knew what day we were getting in.
Absolutely.

No complaints here about waiting. No complaints at all, in fact. But I do wish they'd send out notice about the dates slated to play each day.
Ebon Hawk: Kurek, Op. Anvar, Merc. Kalek, Sorc. Jurat, Sage. Jagen, Commando. Jaxis, Scoundrel.

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:11 PM | #6
I'm fine.

Seems like the servers are pretty empty any ways. The game will be out a while and any ways I wanted early access to get in before the 20th. That's all. Having a head-start before the big rush is all I really want, I'm november. Give me 5-4 days and that's just great!

Rhinoplat
12.13.2011 , 08:15 PM | #7
Early waves should have been 100k players every 2 hours, so that 900k players made it in just at about 18 hours. 900k players spread over 120 servers is not a lot. That's an adequate stagger.

What BioWare did by only sending out 5 waves today is ludicrous. It makes me believe a lot of players will only get 1 or 2 days of early access. That is not fair.

If BioWare was to do it right, they would choose to do it the SouthWest way.

Basically BioWare could have sold pre-orders. But when it came to today, they should have used a first come first server attitude like SouthWest. It doesn't matter when you buy your ticket, it matters when you log in for your seat. I would rather have it be a first come first serve scenario with the game. Where the first to come get in early because of queues not because of date pre-ordered.

I want the queues to come tomorrow. BioWare really doesn't understand the MMO player, let alone the PvP player, to really understand that a day or 2 advantage is huge on a release like this. They should have never staggered release the way they did, it should have been everyone in over 24 hours.

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
Early waves should have been 100k players every 2 hours, so that 900k players made it in just at about 18 hours. 900k players spread over 120 servers is not a lot. That's an adequate stagger.

What BioWare did by only sending out 5 waves today is ludicrous. It makes me believe a lot of players will only get 1 or 2 days of early access. That is not fair.

If BioWare was to do it right, they would choose to do it the SouthWest way.

Basically BioWare could have sold pre-orders. But when it came to today, they should have used a first come first server attitude like SouthWest. It doesn't matter when you buy your ticket, it matters when you log in for your seat. I would rather have it be a first come first serve scenario with the game. Where the first to come get in early because of queues not because of date pre-ordered.

I want the queues to come tomorrow. BioWare really doesn't understand the MMO player, let alone the PvP player, to really understand that a day or 2 advantage is huge on a release like this. They should have never staggered release the way they did, it should have been everyone in over 24 hours.
It's not that big of a deal in the scheme of things. You are saying that once you play you will play every single day the rest of your life? IF not that means every day you miss because of RL someone is making up ground on you.